Posts by ProfYakkington

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!

Thank you for your answer, I'll try to see that later, thank you very much, I'll keep you posted: D So I have to put the form down? And then I use the brush, right ?

No problem...

and no, just equip the item/block, then open the Menu by pressing and holding "R" (just LIKE the Paintbrush, you do not need it) there you can choose the form you want.

After that you place it where you want.

Right now i got to do some RL stuff...i´ll post some pics how to do it in a few hours :)

they changed how some of the Items behave with one of the patches last year.
    Some Items (most Stairs, Wood/cat walks etc. ) now work kinda like the paintbrush-> equip the item and hold "R" to access the Shapes (?, not sure about the name) menu

(should be the one on top) to select some alternate blocks.

I think the icon in your screenshot (red circle) means you can select other shapes/blocks

878DPXI.png

Hi there ,

it may be a Problem with the Mods you installed

or Nitrado has got a Problem with the Server your Server is hosted on.

Check if a complete(!!) reinstall and joining w/o any Mods helps, if not write the Support and ask if they can move your Server to another Hardware

greez

ProfYak

Aunt Edit asked me to say you should reinstall 7DTD-Clients too.

hi there :)

Maybe this older Posting from me helps:

You have to put them (please check that Mod and Game version match) in the root directory of you Server in a Folder called Mods

(you have to create this yourself).

Zi4GI5a.png

Then you can use your Nitrado-server-dashboard file upload, to get the Mods up on the Server.

Or (imho) the better way:

Get your ftp login details from the dash board (just scroll down), and use some ftp-program to upload you mods. (Filezilla is free and works great).

v209xmQ.png

Don´t forget to restart the server after uploading.

There are mods which require editing/replacing .dll-Files (i.e. overwriting original game files)

In case you want to avoid these things, try to stick to mods that do not require install on clients or change the game files.

Mods that require to change game files (mostly .dlls ) need to be copied to game install dir with(!!) overwriting exiting files. [Server and client side]

Mods (that only go into the Mods Folder) with "UIAtlases" & "Resources" folders need to be installed on Server and client side.

Mods (that only go into the Mods Folder) without "UIAtlases" & "Resources" folders don´t, they get pushed to the client while starting the game.

greez

ProfYak

Aunt Edit says you could get further Info about mods from the Official 7DTD Forum -> klick

If a mod wants to change/overwrite files this is necessary, normally.
    There are mods which require editing/replacing .dll-Files (i.e. overwriting original game files)

In case you want to avoid these things, try to stick to mods that do not require install on clients or change the game files.

Mods that require to change game files (mostly .dlls ) need to be copied to game install dir with(!!) overwriting exiting files. [Server and client side]

Mods (that only go into the Mods Folder) with "UIAtlases" & "Resources" folders need to be installed on Server and client side.

Mods (that only go into the Mods Folder) without "UIAtlases" & "Resources" folders don´t, they get pushed to the client while starting the game.

would be nice to hear if it worked out for you :)

You also could look into the server log

( either in the nitrado web panel [Information -> Log File] or on the ftp itself [7daystodie->logs] or

install 7dtd-remote-admin-tool ( Tutorial & Download), connect a few secs after server (re)start in web-panel and look @ console output)

Maybe some other Mods or your 7dtd version are conflicting with DF-Mod

Aunt Edit told me it could be much simpler, Nitrado got some Problem with the 7DTD Servers.
    At least for me it was solved by Support today.

Maybe they got rid of the Problems.

It could help to install the game completely new. [ server dashboard -> reinstall]

If you save your Saves and Mods folder and backup the serverconfig .xml you can reupload them after reinstall is finished.

(be aware that the game versions have to match)

( you may have to adjust the server IP and Port within the serverconfig.xml )

Question is:
    Are you just putting a seed in the serverconfig.xml or do you want to add a pregenerated map ?

If serverconfig.xml -> Remember to change GameWorld from "Navezgane" to "RWG"

(I think you can add a 4k seed to any mapsize, but it may get you a complete other map)

If you want to use a pregen map, you have to insert the the World-File to ./Data/Worlds/

It could also be, that you just did not wait long enough for the Server to generate the new Map,

this can take some Time (calculate with 5 to 20 mins, depending on Map size and the things generated (roads etc.)

hi there :)

You have to put them (please check that Mod and Game version match) in the root directory of you Server in a Folder called Mods
    (you have to create this yourself).

Zi4GI5a.png
    Then you can use your Nitrado-server-dashboard file upload, to get the Mods up on the Server.
    Or (imho) the better way:
    Get your ftp login details from the dash board (just scroll down), and use some ftp-program to upload you mods. (Filezilla is free and works great).

v209xmQ.png

Don´t forget to restart the server after uploading.

greez

Aunt Edit said i should format my posting a little more. :)

Yes, you can connect to your server with an FTP Program (Filezilla, works great and it's free) and upload you mods.

FTP password and details are on your Servers Dashboard, just scroll dowen till you see something like this :
    v209xmQ.png