Posts by ProfYakkington

Hi there,

can´t find this in the app:

BUT Nitrado also backups your server (which is maybe more what you wanted), look in the Webinterface (not via the app, use a browser) -> Tools -> Restore Backup

there you can restore your server files as well as the database.

greez

prof yak

hi there,

yes you can -> open the serverconfig.xml file in on your servers ftp.

there you can edit this lines (for you especially relevant are the three beginning with blockdamage) :

greez

prof yak

I also want to play experimental 19 but I have read that the server automatically updates to the stable version, is there no other way for nitrated ones to choose any version including the experimental one?

Just click on "Switch Game" in your servers webinterface (last menu item on the left).

Then find " 7 Days To Die (Experimental Branch)" and click "install"

Aunt Edit says: This will install it next to the stable on your server (ftp home directory now has stable and experimental install folders) and you can switch between them via the above mentioned Nitrado webinterface Item.

did you restart your server ?

Thank you for your answer, I'll try to see that later, thank you very much, I'll keep you posted: D So I have to put the form down? And then I use the brush, right ?

No problem...

and no, just equip the item/block, then open the Menu by pressing and holding "R" (just LIKE the Paintbrush, you do not need it) there you can choose the form you want.

After that you place it where you want.

Right now i got to do some RL stuff...i´ll post some pics how to do it in a few hours :)

they changed how some of the Items behave with one of the patches last year.
    Some Items (most Stairs, Wood/cat walks etc. ) now work kinda like the paintbrush-> equip the item and hold "R" to access the Shapes (?, not sure about the name) menu

(should be the one on top) to select some alternate blocks.

I think the icon in your screenshot (red circle) means you can select other shapes/blocks

878DPXI.png

Hi there ,

it may be a Problem with the Mods you installed

or Nitrado has got a Problem with the Server your Server is hosted on.

Check if a complete(!!) reinstall and joining w/o any Mods helps, if not write the Support and ask if they can move your Server to another Hardware

greez

ProfYak

Aunt Edit asked me to say you should reinstall 7DTD-Clients too.

hi there :)

Maybe this older Posting from me helps:

You have to put them (please check that Mod and Game version match) in the root directory of you Server in a Folder called Mods

(you have to create this yourself).

Zi4GI5a.png

Then you can use your Nitrado-server-dashboard file upload, to get the Mods up on the Server.

Or (imho) the better way:

Get your ftp login details from the dash board (just scroll down), and use some ftp-program to upload you mods. (Filezilla is free and works great).

v209xmQ.png

Don´t forget to restart the server after uploading.

There are mods which require editing/replacing .dll-Files (i.e. overwriting original game files)

In case you want to avoid these things, try to stick to mods that do not require install on clients or change the game files.

Mods that require to change game files (mostly .dlls ) need to be copied to game install dir with(!!) overwriting exiting files. [Server and client side]

Mods (that only go into the Mods Folder) with "UIAtlases" & "Resources" folders need to be installed on Server and client side.

Mods (that only go into the Mods Folder) without "UIAtlases" & "Resources" folders don´t, they get pushed to the client while starting the game.

greez

ProfYak

Aunt Edit says you could get further Info about mods from the Official 7DTD Forum -> klick

If a mod wants to change/overwrite files this is necessary, normally.
    There are mods which require editing/replacing .dll-Files (i.e. overwriting original game files)

In case you want to avoid these things, try to stick to mods that do not require install on clients or change the game files.

Mods that require to change game files (mostly .dlls ) need to be copied to game install dir with(!!) overwriting exiting files. [Server and client side]

Mods (that only go into the Mods Folder) with "UIAtlases" & "Resources" folders need to be installed on Server and client side.

Mods (that only go into the Mods Folder) without "UIAtlases" & "Resources" folders don´t, they get pushed to the client while starting the game.

would be nice to hear if it worked out for you :)