Posts by Mbelsten

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!

Thanks Prof.

I got it working using the post you linked and some other info I found online.

I would highly reccomend Darkness falls mod to anyone who loves 7dtd but is a bit stale on the current game mechanics. Totally changes the game and how points are allocated etc as well as adding tons of stuff to do/aim for in terms of crafting/gear etc.

Cheers,

Adr

Hi Folks,

Anyone know how to install the darkness falls mod onto my server?

I can download the server files but from what it says it basically re writes the entire game so how would I get it to work on my Nitrado server?

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Cheers,

Adr.

Ummmm so it appears you have it installed (but not working).

Just went to look on one of my existing Nitrado servers and it still does not show up when I choose the Switch game option.....

It also is still showing as preorder only with no date given.

Confused........ If it is available - how do I install it to one of my servers?

For general things you edit the serverconfig.xml in the main 7dtd directory

If you want to change how many points per level you get and how much additional XP you need for each level - then you need to change the progression.xml file (Its in the 7dtd/data/config folder)

Drop me a pm if you need more detailed help...

1 tile = 1 realm = 1 server. Cant really explain more than that.

Its how Atlas works if you are familiar with that game.

Firstly - thanks for taking the time to respond Doagen :)

I'm not familiar with Atlas (Obviously I know the game but have never played it)

In Last Oasis you start in a starter zone - the tutorial guides you (after about an hour or so's play) to move onto a medium zone. once you have left the starter zone you cannot return to a starter zone, you can only move between medium and hard zones.

So if you are saying that a Tile = either a starter/medium or hard zone then there is absolutely no point in having a private server as it also states you can only have one server per steam account.

Forgive me as this is not meant to be flaming in any way at all - have you played Last Oasis so you know what I mean?

Someone on steam has said a Tile = 1 starter, 1 medium and 1 hard zone - which is fine. But others say different.

Sorry to keep on about this :) again, thanks for trying to help clarify!

If you want multiple realms, you need to have multiple tiles. And 1 server = 1 tile.

So does this mean if i want a starter tile, medium tile and hard tile to play on - I will have to rent 3 separate servers?

Can you clarify exactly what is meant by a "Tile"?

I am assuming that a tile is one zone (So starter, medium or hard zone). Or is a tile in fact a collection of different zones?

If my server will only be able to run a starter tile/zone so i will forever be stuck in the starter area - what is the point of having a private server?

Hoping I'm being really stupid here..... :)

There are lots of settings you need to have correct - including the game name.

I've not attempted to upload a saved game to my server but i have lots of experience in putting custom maps up.

I strongly recommend using Nitrogen to generate custom maps - its absolutely brilliant and works every time.

Once you have a map you are happy with you just upload the whole map folder to the worlds folder on the server. It will then show up on the map selection options.

Cheers

Adr.

Look for anything like Wheel hubs, Tins, Cooking pots etc on the floor. If they are on the floor then they are mines. You can either avoid them or shoot them to make them explode.

Always look around you before moving........

Re hordes - remember they will continue to spawn all night - so take your time and manage your ammo. Single shots - not full auto (Semi Mod on the AK is a must). I play with 4 other people and can easily go through several thousand rounds in a night. Just take your time - the quicker you kill, the more zombies will spawn and you will run out.....

You can make a main base in which you have everything stored in - you can also make a smaller "horde base" for fighting the hordes when you have enough resources to do so. Means you aren't putting your main base at risk.

I would also recommend watching Jawoodle on Youtube - he is brilliant and tries out lots of different base designs. My group are always taking inspiration from him......

Cheers,

Adr

In the serverconfig.xml file

This is what I have - sounds like a lot but its not :) :

<property name="MaxSpawnedAnimals" value="500"/>

Cheers,

Adr

Don't expect a quick (or any) answer to a ticket. It'll get fixed or it won't.

Not trying to flame Nitrado - just being honest.

Call the 1st line support on Skype - the German based guys all speak english and if they have gone home then the US guys are awesome.

There is stuff they can do. Currently my server is working fine (although it just went through a forced restart).

Adr.

Further Update:

Managed to get Stable working on a new server after the broken one was deleted this morning at my request.

Whilst playing on stable someone from Nitrado logged in to see if we were Ok as he/she had seen this thread.

I explained we would rather be on Experimental so he/she went off and tested a server to check it worked - it was then added to my account.

Once I had set it up how i wanted and proved it was working we deleted the old server.

So we are back up and running although it did mean losing the progress we had made (But 7 days experimental is all about restarting I guess).

Thank you to the mystery person who took the time to log onto my server, talk with me and then go get it sorted.

Matt (Adr)

Update:

My friend who also has nitrado server got his Experimental version working last night.

So I called the US support team, however - despite them doing what they could my 7dtd server is stuck in a never ending restart loop. We even switched it to Empyrion but the same thing happened.

The US guys said they had tested stable version and it was working so I tried to install that on my 7dtd server - 9 hours later its stuck in a restart loop and I cant do anything.

I did however get stable installed on my other server (My son and his mates are now without a minecraft server).

So - whatever they did has utterly broken my 7dtd server - hope I can get them to sort that today.... It was also wrong for them to say 7dtd will not work until at least Monday. Stable works on my other Nitrado server and Experimental is working on my mates Nitrado server....

It's ridiculous.

No Rondeau - Like I said I have been told 7 days is broken on Nitrado and they will not be looking at it again until Monday...

Game was working perfectly until Nitrado pushed a back end fix this morning and it kicked us to restart.

Now they understand whatever fix they pushed this morning has caused more problems - but not to worry, they have 3 days off now so we can all go screw ourselves. (Apologies for the language. I'm a tad frustrated).

I pay for TWO NItrado servers and yes, they are pretty stable if a little querky. But whenever there is a problem the first line guys (who do a great job) can't fix - second line are completely useless and just don't care in the slightest - after all, its the first line guys who get the flak from us.....

So - suddenly kicked of the server this morning...

Called and was told it would be an hour as some back end stuff was happening. Totally fine.

Called 2 hours later - it will be another 1-2 hours. Ok.....

Called again just now (4 hours after second call). The fix the second tier guys pushed has caused a problem. Due to a public holiday tomorrow it will be Monday before they are able to look at it again.

Gobsmacked..... I actually feel sorry for the poor guy I spoke to - its not his fault. But this utterly unacceptable for a company to take the stance "We did some stuff - its broken everything 7 days to die wise - but hey ho, three days off so will look at it again Monday".

He offered me a 3 day extension which I politely (again, not his fault) refused and its now a 5 day extension.

Seriously unhappy at this shocking attitude to paying customers. If they have done something that broke 7 days to die on Nitrado - then they should ensure its worked on until fixed.... Not just shut down and head off for a three day break.

Adr.X(X(X(X(X(:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: