Posts by Mlazar1993

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!

Dino wipe is needed.

For comparison I'm going to attach my known working code to here for review.

Code
    1. ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="CI_DinoSpawnEntries_FloatingIslands_Main_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Gacha",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Gacha_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="Spider",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("bogspider_character_bp_c"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Gacha_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05),(NPCClassString="bogspider_character_bp_c",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05))
    2. ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSnow_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="IceJumper",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("IceJumper_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="OWL",EntryWeight=0.04,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Owl_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="IceJumper_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02),(NPCClassString="Owl_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.04)))

Main difference I can see is the lack of 0's before the decimal places. Although that's all I can really see. Keep in mind, this will spawn a good amount of the creatures, which I suggest to do for testing purposes before lowering the rating to a more acceptable rating. Generally, I get 3-5 Gacha spawning on the islands at a time.

Edit - in my forum post that you followed, I also answered a few questions in there. Help Adding Creatures to map

So, after a ton of research on the topic (I planned on updating this topic as soon as I had everything documented) I've found out that the Redwoods spawn is actually incorrect on most maps.

Ironically, it seems they changed it after the release of Lost Island, it now is Redwoods_LostIsland

As far as I've seen, this is the only one that's been changed, but someone mentioned they thought there was another one. The link in my post is outdated, and you should be using the spawn map via Fandom.com to find the actual spawn locations, as this seems to be updated.

According to Ark Patch Log for Xbox One and Windows -

It's a client update, from what I've read is about 10 GB, although I haven't seen it for myself.

I think it'd be pretty beneficial to have a broadcasting function into the web Gui of the server, instead of having to log in to broadcast. It would make restarting the server (For config updates, rollbacks, ect) much more convenient to be able to do all of it at once, instead of making the changes, having to go to my console to make an announcement for everyone to get to a safe place, then restart the server.

Obviously the web Gui already hooks into the console, you wouldn't be able to specify what event it is without it, and I don't see how broadcast could anger Sony or Microsoft with unauthorized access. As for design, a literal chat box that hooks into console, where it automatically puts the broadcast code in so nothing else could be inputted.

I'd appreciate feedback on the matter, either in the form of better ways to implement it, or on why it could break whatever agreement with the console manufacturers you have, or if my understanding of the difficulty of implementing this is mislead.

Another solution as well could be your password settings and what you're searching for in the list. If you have a password, and have the "Show password protected" check box unchecked, it won't show up. And vise-versa.

At the very top of the game.ini, you have 2 versions of LevelExperienceRampOverrides= as well as the one that actually does the level changes. Delete those.

Also, dino xp didn't have an end bracket. Your max XP for both player and dino were set extremely high.

Also, are you using expert settings or just adding the code into the engine settings? I've seen it where the second method adds that in and causes issues when trying to raise max level. Haven't gone through all of the code, but the attached INI should work from what I see.

Not from what I've seen, although you can set them to regions.

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="SpawnLocation",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="JustAName",EntryWeight=0.04,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("DinoID")),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="DinoID",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.08)))

Replace the blue parts with the Spawn ID - Spawn entries - Official ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki

Replace yellow parts with the Dino ID - https://arkids.net/creatures

Replace red parts with a unique name for this.

Replace the green parts with how rare you want the dino to spawn. Use the first link as refence.

Alright, so I've attempted this a few times, trying to understand the code, but for some reason it doesn't appear to be working. First question is where code actually ends up.

Assuming the code is adding an Abb Equus to to grassland, which I found At this reddit post, it should be -

I did find This link with spawn entries for maps. From what I can tell, that refers to the NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString

Which, my map being Ragnarok, should that ACTUALLY be DinoSpawnEntriesGrassland_C instead of DinoSpawnEntriesGrassland ?

Also, does the line it's on matter in terms of splitting up the code? I'm assuming because of the ()'s, the ini file can find the start and end based off where those are, making it possible for multiline code instead of all that being on one single line? Things get kind of messy otherwise IMO.

Edit: I did find This link in the tutorials section just now, but it still doesn't fully answer the questions I have.