Posts by Rhydal

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!

So, I am in no way affiliated with Nitrado, however as a customer, and a somewhat tech savy person, I must say, there are fairly large expectations being thrown on this company. If your internet provider has a hub go out and you lose internet, they can only repair it as quickly as someone can do the work to be done. To those saying I only need to access the webinterface to do X Y or Z, the server for that section of the website is down, it's not that each individual server has broken, that whole area of the site is down. Now to repair that, server and IT techs need to go through, figure out which one of countless network servers they are running to provide these servers has caused a fault, run a diagnostic to determine what actually caused the overall problem, then repair the actual issue itself. This is not the kind of issue you can just throw another computer tower down, plug it in, and boom it's working again, there are tons of programming, hard drive formatting, and other things involved with running servers and sites of this size and scope. If someone swung a wrecking ball through your house, would you expect that someone could be there 5 minutes after it happened, and have your house patched up like it never happened within 30 minutes to an hour. I am also wishing I could play my server, I had been hoping to since I woke up this morning, the second I downloaded the update on my Xbox, I posted an Nitrado twitter post asking when it would be available as a map swap, been looking forward to it since it released on PC.. but stuff happens, I may not be able to play till Sunday due to other obligations, but you all need to at least take the time to understand that everyone capable of fixing the problem, is working on it, and complaining that they are taking your money and not doing there job is not accurate, complaining that you should be able to just do this little thing (in the broken area of the site), and spamming the forums with new post about the error, and submitting 100s of tickets to fix your problem does nothing but slow down the process and frustrate the employees who never asked for this issue to happen. Chillax... play a different game, watch netflix, eat a sandwhich, and click the button every so often and cross your fingers.

Just got a new server for ark to try out the new map, I've used Nitrado before, I'm familiar with the system and setup, however after spending about 20 minutes tweaking settings, I click save (while server was offline, as it required a map change anyway) and as I click save I get a screen showing this:

Error 504

Gateway time-out

Now I am unable to access the settings or the control panel for the server at all. Did the sudden surge of people changing to the new map/getting servers for the new map crash the webinterface server?