Posts by Shadowxfire

Thats an interesting way of doing it. if you have already done the leg work to match the in-game time to real-world time, then the other part is easy. All you need to do is log into the interface on Web, go to Timed Restart in the left panel menu under the Tools section, and then set the time accordingly. Keep in mind that the time displayed is EST US time. We have ours set to 3:30a daily, but I am central time, so it restarts at 2:30a my time.

Edit: Reading through it again, I'm actually not sure if you mean the daily restarts, or just setting the time in general. What do you mean by Ark Server Startup? If you can clarify that maybe i can revise my info to help better.

do you have your breeding rates turned up? if dinos are left on breeding for an extended period it will do that as well. especially with creatures that either do live birth/gestation, or dinos whose eggs hatch at ambient temperature like dodos and raptors. We've had to do several "recovery missions" because players left dinos on breeding. if you are the server owner you can try and roll back the server a day or so to try and get ahead of it. once you are able to move around you can force tame or spawn any dino, doesnt matter what, unclaim it so that its just an unclaimed dino, and then use the admin command destroytribedinos on it. All unclaimed dinos/creatures are considered a single "tribe" so it will destroy all unclaimed creatures from the map.

if its not a dino breeding issue, then obviously that wont work and youll have to go through support like Doagen mentioned

We just checked again and we were able to get into ours after having it offline since last night, but it lagged out again after 5 minutes or so and kicked back to the login screen. So while it seems better, i agree that I would not consider it stable or resolved

We just had 2 servers go down as well. we have 7 servers and lost 2 of them at the same time. been trying to get them back online but no luck yet

Yeah I think Nitrado is having issues sadly. I wish they had a server status page for there side of things.

that would be great. i wish that existed. theres so many server owners and so many players on those servers that rely on information, so updates for situations like this would be hugely beneficial

Hey guys, I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, but is there a way from the web interface to enable recording tribe chats to the data logs? It records everything said in global, but theres stuff said in tribe chats that we really need to have visibility to sometimes, but I cant find anything definitive about it anywhere. i've seen that there are options on PC, but i havent seen anything on console. If its not available, is there a specific reason behind it? Is there room for improvement to this feature that could be put on the roadmap for better server maintenance as an owner/admin?

Thanks in advance!

your best bet is to call support during their open hours. you can submit a support ticket, but if you are on a time crunch your best and fastest bet is just to call and let them know whats going on. Theyve always been super helpful whenever i call about something.

keep in mind that rafts are considered "dinos" so if you dont want any decay, make sure you disable it for both structures AND dinos

Hey guys, we opened our Valguero maps to our cluster on 8/3 after a two week internal beta test, and its been great! We have dedicated PvE and PvP Val maps in our cluster, and they were going super smooth up until Sunday afternoon.

We have all 7 of our maps clustered together, but our PVE maps are restricted. Anything can be transferred into them, but only characters can be transferred out to avoid them being used as "storage banks" by our pvp members. In light of the new map, we disconnected both our Rag pve and Val pve maps from the rest of the cluster and created a new cluster id and joined those two together and opened full transfers for 12 hours on Sunday.

For the first 3/4 of the day, it was great, minimal issues (tribe disconnects and character losses, but thats a side thing). Then suddenly in the afternoon, ALL of the obelisks on the Val pve map stopped working, and there is no longer an option to "Access Inventory". They are just blank terminals with no prompt. We verified that the obs on the val pvp map were fine, and everything on the rag pve were fine as well, but for some reason the obs no longer work on val pve. I've been doing a bunch of research, and i've seen other posts about it, but always questions, never answers.

now with that said, im not sure if this is a nitrado related issue or a wildcard one, but i figured this was going to be the best place to start.

i know one solution that would resolve it, (doing a full re-install of the game), but our players JUST transferred their stuff from rag to val with complications due to tribe retention issues, and have built up their structures and everything. To wipe the install file is a huge setback to everyone. If it truly comes down to it, then it is what it is, but I'm going to exhaust every other option before that.

To conclude the troubleshooting, the terminals did not reappear after a restart, or after reconnecting the pve maps to the rest of the cluster again. not sure what else i can try at this point.

Any insight is appreciated.

We had a similar issue on our cluster as well when one of our players tried to bring a golem back to rag in a cryo, and couldnt deploy it. As far as im aware though when it was brought back to Val it deployed fine. As a troubleshooting step you can try to restart the server to see if it corrects it (kind of like the "empty" ice wyvern egg packages when they turn into actual eggs in your inventory after a restart). You could also try to upload the golem/a golem into the obelisk as an actual dino and try and download it on rag to see if that makes a difference. I know wildcard is working on quite a few valguero fixes for console, so maybe, hopefully that will be one of them

So we've been having similar issues, but slightly different, and it's been very heavily related to Valguero. We've seen it both from transferring from one server to another, to even not transferring at all and just logging out. We disable dino/item transfers between our pve maps because they are also linked to our pvp maps (dont want them being used as storage banks for our pvp players) but we separated the pve maps into their own cluster for a couple of days when we opened our valguero map to allow transfers, and we had several people get disconnected from their tribes. There were also multiple instances of players losing their characters, but thats a different post. What I had them do since there was 2 of them is alternate who went back to the rag map to get more stuff and one person stayed on the val map. We havent had any disconnects on rag, and its only been on Val, so this method worked for them. Took longer, but there was always someone online in the tribe that could invite them back if it came to it. Oddly enough once they started doing that, they had no more issues.

The second scenario I've experienced personally. I created a character on the val pve map, and every time i logged off, i would be disconnected from the tribe when i logged back in. Being the server owner it was easy enough for me to force back into the tribe, but it was scarily consistent. Then out of the blue yesterday it stopped happening and I've been in the tribe whenever i log back in so far. There's been a couple of other instances with other players that theyve been disconnected as well, which really sucks from an admin side because they were solo, and the forcejointribe, forceplayertojointribe Specimen ID Tribename, forceplayertojointargettribe, and forceplayertojointargettribe specimen id commands do not work if there is no one in the tribe. So the only option at that point is to leave the admin tribe, start a new tribe, and either use giveallstructure or taketribe, hand over ownership, and then rejoin the admin tribe again.

So the simple of all of that, is that I think it's a Valguero thing more than any other map. Between the actual map progress (visibility of the player map) not being retained, tribes being disconnected, and just overall character related issues, to me it seems like an issue with the map itself. Since you are transferring though, its adding the nitrado side of it as a variable as well. To rule it out, make sure nothing is uploaded, and then shut down the servers and generate a new cluster id, double check the settings are still correct, and then start it back up. Or if you are not the owner, you can suggest that to the owner. I have no idea if it will help or not, but its really the only thing you can control and rule out as a variable. After that it could be either CA having more issues, or Valguero being super glitchy still (we still have invisible ice wyverns and broodmother on console, :P ).

Sorry for the super long post. Since we've been having these issues on our cluster i've been doing a ton of testing and troubleshooting and note taking trying to find a cause and how to fix it, if possible.

I know its probably the first thing that was checked, but just in case, have you double checked that the checkbox for CrossArk is selected above the Cluster ID? If that got deselected somehow it would disable cross-ark even if theres a cluster id, and its easy enough to overlook

This has been happening a lot to players on our cluster as well ever since a couple of updates ago (its always been an issue, but has only recently gotten really bad). I did a bunch of testing and was able to recreate it within 5 minutes every time over the course of an hour. Here's what I've found for your reference:

1. The issue appears to be that the game is losing the connection between your PSN, XBOX, or Steam IDs and your actual character. So even though its still there, the game doesnt recognize it and thinks you need to create a new character.

1.a. When you lose the connection between the two, it seems the character is "lost" in the cloud somewhere and the game doesnt know where it is and thinks its on a different server. Even though it may be right in front of you if you manage to make a new character and get back to your base.

2. This issue takes 2 forms.

2.a. The first, is that after transferring from one map to another and then again after that and then log off, it will consistently lose the connection. So consistently that it can be reproduced in 7 minutes or less (depending on your distance from an obelisk when you spawn and the run time to get there)

2.b. The second is when transferring, the disconnect happens mid transfer. This one I couldnt reproduce as consistently, and I've had mixed results with it. Sometimes the character will still be in the download window, sometimes it wont. If its not in the downloads, theres unfortunately no way to get it back :(

3. There seems to be a "workaround" that we recommend to our players that seems to prevent scenario 2.a. Its a pain, but its better than losing your character.

3.a Since the issue is with a "lagged" connection between the server and your character data, if your character dies in-between transfers, it forces a "sync" to that server, which forces that connection. Once thats established, it should be safe to transfer. Obviously not guaranteed, but it seems to be helping on our servers.

4. For the issue where the character is lost on upload, I unfortunately have not found a way around that one. Like i said above, sometimes its in the downloads still when you log back in, other times its not. If its not, it is what it is.

5. As a precaution, there's a couple options:

5a. you can manually upload the dinos/items to the obelisks/drops so they are separate from your character, so that if you lose your character at least you still have your stuff, or you can kill your character right before transferring and then transfer to try and sync that fresh connection as i mentioned above.

All of the above is a pain, and I tried to reproduce it on an official server but I couldnt make it to the obelisk without being killed, so I'm not sure if its official servers as well as unofficial or not. Hopefully this helps, and hopefully Wildcard is working on something for it...

This has been happening a lot to players on our cluster as well ever since a couple of updates ago (its always been an issue, but has only recently gotten really bad). I did a bunch of testing and was able to recreate it within 5 minutes every time over the course of an hour. Here's what I've found for your reference:

1. The issue appears to be that the game is losing the connection between your PSN, XBOX, or Steam IDs and your actual character. So even though its still there, the game doesnt recognize it and thinks you need to create a new character.

1.a. When you lose the connection between the two, it seems the character is "lost" in the cloud somewhere and the game doesnt know where it is and thinks its on a different server. Even though it may be right in front of you if you manage to make a new character and get back to your base.

2. This issue takes 2 forms.

2.a. The first, is that after transferring from one map to another and then again after that and then log off, it will consistently lose the connection. So consistently that it can be reproduced in 7 minutes or less (depending on your distance from an obelisk when you spawn and the run time to get there)

2.b. The second is when transferring, the disconnect happens mid transfer. This one I couldnt reproduce as consistently, and I've had mixed results with it. Sometimes the character will still be in the download window, sometimes it wont. If its not in the downloads, theres unfortunately no way to get it back :(

3. There seems to be a "workaround" that we recommend to our players that seems to prevent scenario 2.a. Its a pain, but its better than losing your character.

3.a Since the issue is with a "lagged" connection between the server and your character data, if your character dies in-between transfers, it forces a "sync" to that server, which forces that connection. Once thats established, it should be safe to transfer. Obviously not guaranteed, but it seems to be helping on our servers.

4. For the issue where the character is lost on upload, I unfortunately have not found a way around that one. Like i said above, sometimes its in the downloads still when you log back in, other times its not. If its not, it is what it is.

5. As a precaution, there's a couple options:

5a. you can manually upload the dinos/items to the obelisks/drops so they are separate from your character, so that if you lose your character at least you still have your stuff, or you can kill your character right before transferring and then transfer to try and sync that fresh connection as i mentioned above.

All of the above is a pain, and I tried to reproduce it on an official server but I couldnt make it to the obelisk without being killed, so I'm not sure if its official servers as well as unofficial or not. Hopefully this helps, and hopefully Wildcard is working on something for it...

on console you can just remove them using engine settings. There's a an option to remove specific engrams from the game completely

how does that translate to expert mode though? and if its removed it also removes all previously created cryos and any future ones that are created through gcm. granted i havent tested it using the method you mention, but thts what ive found with the codes i used above.

We actually did find a solution though. Instead of removing the engram at all, we just modified the crafting requirements to be only berrybush seeds, and now the cryo still shows up at the respective level to learn, but the "crafting requirements" window is gone, and even from a tek rep you can see it there but you cant craft it at all. Interestingly enough it extends to GCM as well and cant be crafted that way either. You can still use the gfi command though, so thats what we will be using.

Hey guys,

I've run into a conundrum trying to alter an engram on our cluster. With the latest console update, Cryopods are now craftable on every server. While it may seem insignificant, we don't want them craftable on our pvp servers because it messes with the balance that we've worked hard to create. We will "sell" a certain amount per tribe for in-game currency, but then to get more after that, you have to raid to loot them. Obviously with the new settings, you can now craft them at level 51, and while you need a tek rep to make them, they are dirt cheap to make and mess with the system we have in place.

My issue is that I have been unable to find a code that will allow us to remove the engram from being learned, but still allow all existing and future cryos to be retained.

We tried the "OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_EmptyCryopod_C",EngramHidden=true)" line, and while it removed the engram, it also removed all previous instances of the item, including filled cryopods. We could still craft them in GCM, but it turns out that after the player logged off for the night, when they came back on they were gone again (server is not currently configured for daily restarts, so it never shut down in between there), which obviously creates issues going forward, because any dino you put in a cryo is gone when you log in next.

After that we tried the "EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_EmptyCryopod_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=150)" line so the engram still existed, but would be unobtainable since max player level is 135 including ascensions. And while that allows the cryos to not be broken anymore, the regular engram still exists at level 51 and can be learned still, which defeats the purpose.

My goal in this is to avoid using the "onlyallowspecifiedengrams" line. There are so many engrams in the game that it will be a pain to go and configure every single engram to be available at the specified level, just to change a single item to be at a level higher than max player level. If thats what it takes, then I will do what I have to, but if someone knows another method similar to the two above where it is just a single line code but will still allow cryos to function normally outside of actually learning the engram, please let me know for my own sanity!

Thanks in advance.