Posts by ChivalrousGuy

I see the settings now as well! it might not be able to handle 5 years worth of time. Did you try a lower time to test it and see? Also did you stop your server when making the change? Then restart it after

Are you talking about for clustered servers as well? I know when I had the uploading checked to on. I was able to actually pull stuff off the obelisk that was from a SP server and it was in he ob for probably 7-8 months and it was still there.

I have not been able to just yet, I've been away from the house and have had many players on an increased tame speed day, but I did set the time to 1 year and I will work my way back from there once I can safely reset. Is a full shut down different than a restart?

Not before I upload again, I meant spoil timer inside the ob. Why is there a setting to alter the spoilage of items/people/tames if it's unable to be changed?

Which settings exactly are you referring to (Their names if possible in the web interface)? :)

Not before I upload again, I meant spoil timer inside the ob. Why is there a setting to alter the spoilage of items/people/tames if it's unable to be changed?

Also I do apologize there is a setting for reupload times as well for some reason I didn't think there was I'm looking at the spoiler times too to see what I can find

Tribute item expiration Seconds/tribute character/ tribute dino expiration second. It's in gameplay. I'm thinking there is a hard limit, but surely it is not 24 hours. I calculated the seconds in 5 years time as a ridiculous timer, but it didn't change at all.

Cannot seem to find this exact answer anywhere, but I set my cluster timers (dinos,items, characters) to five years worth in seconds, yet my timer in game shows 24 hours. Is this really the max timer ?

Small update: I turned crossark off so ill play on my xbox alone now. But I did another thing on a lark and I'm thinking it is what has shown some promise.

I've been signing in with my girlfriends controller which signs into her account first, then I'd swap to my account and play (Both accounts are still signed in). Since I've been doing this, my map hasn't been saving ingame (On xbox, not pc. Pc map was fine). I'd have to rediscover everything. Yet, on my pc it was fine. So I was thinking the two accounts were clashing, and since my pc only had one active, I thought it might be this causing some issue.

So I sign her off, use my own controller and was able to transfer some items from Valgeurro to Ragnarock successfully. I'm gonna test more after work, but it went as it should have on those transfer so I'm optimistic.

I can upload dinos and items with no issues atm.

I know its probably the first thing that was checked, but just in case, have you double checked that the checkbox for CrossArk is selected above the Cluster ID? If that got deselected somehow it would disable cross-ark even if theres a cluster id, and its easy enough to overlook

Basically when I try to upload a tame, I get no timer, there is no loading window that pops up. The creature goes in and the timer looks like --:--:--. In fact, it no longer says transfer to a different ark, just upload survivor. Even items no longer get a timer.

As of you writing that it was checked and has been. I play on both pc and xbox.

My goodness that is a lot to digest! But I appreciate the info. I've been able to transfer one character so far, but have not been able to transfer a single tame. It used to show me a timer in the drops, but now the items or tames simply go into the drop with no timer. It also used to tell me something is being uploaded, but now the item/tame simply go into the ob like I'm moving inventory around. And the option for travel to another ark doesn't even exist, just upload survivor.

I've only been back to ark for about a month now so I'm not in the know about the recent problems that may have popped up.
    I really wish I could change my timezone stamp because trying to do a quick reset to save these things without going too far back is a pain in the A!

Is there any word on a fix for this, or is neither nitrado or wildcard being forthcoming, let alone acknowledging it?

I've lost two characters after uploading to both a tek transmitter (while on valgeuro) and a cave drop in aberration. I have successfully retrieved one character from aberration to valgeuro. Out of 3 characters losing two is beyond irritating. I don't know how to mitigate or avoid it altogether. Anyone else having similar issues?

I have also lost all associated tames and items in the transfer as well.:cursing:<X

Lol of course! I have been over there a lot, but it doesn't give the answers from the perspective of a console server. It seems to be more in the context of expert mode is either always on, or assuming the person is going to use expert mode. The only question it doesn't answer in any way is if it explicitly requires expert mode to be turned on.

Besides, I figure questions like this would get asked/answered from time to time and can be eventually found as a direct link to the answer in a google search, rather than as a dig through piles of information!

:)

I looked it up but couldn't find the option in my account. Is this not allowed anymore, or is it limited only to pc?

It would help me a great deal with managing my server as I have two in game admins assisting me with fine tuning. And while I'm at work at night, they can restart or tweak as needed.

Bump. IS there even a way to do this without someone using my account to do a reset?

Lol literally ten minutes ago I finally got it to work. I'm gonna assume that I was typing in something wrong, even though I believe I triple checked every time I typed in the enablecheats "password" command.

Hello.

With whitelisting is does not work on console. To make yourself admin you must do it everytime you sign into the server

Yeah I see that now, but what am I doing wrong on windows 10? I used my xbox and it worked just fine, but the windows 10 version wouldn't even bring up the request admin button.

I'm playing on windows 10, my friend is on xbox. He can assume admin but I cannot. What am I doing wrong? It's enabled in the settings, but Pause+tab/Pause+ LB+RB+X+Y doesn't work either.

Cannot create nor manipulate white list either. Once on console specifically I can make myself admin, but having to do this every time will get tedious. Currently only able to ban people in player control.

I'm playing on windows 10, my friend is on xbox. He can assume admin but I cannot. What am I doing wrong? It's enabled in the settings, but Pause+tab/Pause+ LB+RB+X+Y doesn't work either.

I looked it up but couldn't find the option in my account. Is this not allowed anymore, or is it limited only to pc?

It would help me a great deal with managing my server as I have two in game admins assisting me with fine tuning. And while I'm at work at night, they can restart or tweak as needed.