Posts by hivewasp

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!

I was having problems finding my server. The problem seems to come from the game and not Nitrado. I give my tip that can be useful to others.

The problem you describe is not solved with your workaround; it's "bypassed". The server doesn't show in the server list; it should appear there - that you can login on the server through direct connect is something else and while it lets you play on the server; your server is still not "published" as it should be -> invisible to everyone who doesn't have the IP

Well Valheim is intended as a coop game, not a PVP one. The only PVP option available has to be set by each player who wants to PVP; but really it's more like a duel thing.

I'm not sure that file is even used; I can connect to my server with the settings I have set in the interface; so it ignores this shell file altogether - dunno if the automated restart uses this however. However it does look like some people actually use this :

I just cant find it on the ARK server lists.

That's a good thing for a Valheim server I guess... but yeah same issue for me; mildly annoying at least we can direct connect to the server but it's rather unintuitive for some people.

I have the same issue as OP; yes adding the server to the steam server list works well as a workaround to join the server; but that is not really the main issue - it should appear on the list of servers. Now I don't know if it's a Nitrado thing; or an actual bug with the game server code itself...