Posts by MelMalou

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!

I moved from an other hoster to nitrado and i noticed something interest. My hypothesis is, that the server are saving somewhere a mirror of the .db file.

The suggestion is, that it could be possible, to lower the traffic and to have a better performance. Maybe someone from Nitrado can check this.

Here i explain why. I uploaded my files from the other hoster and the .db files was corrupt (didn't look, that it was a complete download). Ok, i deleted them and did a complete down- and upload. Same problem occurs with the corrupt file. The worldmap is loaded but not the stuff.

Then i tried it with the savegame folder for the singlegames. There i did an other failure and renamed the files. Don't do that! ... but with this the same problem occurs. I found in the save folder from the singlegame the steam_autocloud.vdf. I deleted the .db and .fwl. After start in the Valheim program the .db and .fwl were appearing.

Same thing occurs at my nitrado-server. I deleted the files, restart the server and the files were appearing. (It was not a new generated world.) At the old hoster I did backups and restart directly after the backup, moved on the server and things i shortly bevore put into chests were gone. That's why i think there exist something like a cloud, which can overwrite. Ok, you can hit F5 and save manually, then it should not appear.

I waited 20 minutes at my nitrado-server after i deleted the files and it didn't occur. Now it is all fine, but what do you think? Let me know.