Posts by Redfirebird87

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado

Hi Doagen,

That's fine as I'm wanting to overwrite the old saved data anyway and start new (tames, character profiles, buildings, everything). I don't have plans on reverting the changes and going back to Valguero on this server. That warning message was throwing me though.

Thanks for the helpful response.

Hi all,

I plan on switching my val server to Genesis once it's available. I'd like this to be a wipe and a new start on this server. The message below appears under the settings:

There is a known issue when changing the map of a PvP server with existing player profiles, which can result in very long respawn times. We suggest to either upload the player data through an obelisk before switching the map (and then downloading the player data after that), or performing a save folder wipe in the 'Backup' section after switching the map, which deletes all player data.

Where is this Backup section? Is that the "Restore Backup" page and if so do I delete everything listed there?

Please advise, thank you.

Hi all,

Hoping someone can take a look at the below and let me know what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to add aberrant megas to the aberration area above the red zone. I haven't seen any after hours of searching so, I'm guessing I've goofed.

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="VAL_DinoSpawnEntries_TwitchFertileLand_Mix_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Megalo",EntryWeight=0.5,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Megalosaurus_Character_BP_Aberrant_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Megalosaurus_Character_BP_Aberrant_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))

Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Hello,

I came looking for answers on why my server is dead and figured I'd reply to your post (lol). I don't remember why, but I have two entries for gachas, TwitchFertileLand and TwitchFertileLand_Mix. If you'd like, I know mine work, but they spawn in the abb zone not the tundra. You're welcome to copy the below. I honestly don't see anything wrong with your code however.

Add gachas and shine pets to Abb:

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="VAL_DinoSpawnEntries_TwitchFertileLand_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Gacha (EX)",EntryWeight=0.03,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Gacha_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="Shinehorn",EntryWeight=0.07,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("LanternGoat_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Gacha_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.03),(NPCClassString="LanternGoat_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.07)))

Add gachas and shine pets to Abb:

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="VAL_DinoSpawnEntries_TwitchFertileLand_Mix_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Gacha (EX)",EntryWeight=0.03,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Gacha_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="Shinehorn",EntryWeight=0.07,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("LanternGoat_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Gacha_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.03),(NPCClassString="LanternGoat_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.07)))

Add velos to tundra:

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesTundra_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Velona (EX)",EntryWeight=0.125,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Spindles_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="Griffin",EntryWeight=0.025,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Griffin_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Spindles_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.125),(NPCClassString="Griffin_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.025)))

Add gas bags to chalkhills:

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntries_ChalkHills_Golem_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="GasBag",EntryWeight=.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("gasbags_Character_BP_C")), NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Gasbags_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))

Add snow owls and manas snowforest:

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntries_Valguero_SnowForest_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Snow Owl (EX)",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Owl_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="Managarmr (EX)",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("IceJumper_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Owl_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1),(NPCClassString="IceJumper_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.002)))

Add snow owls and manas ice desert:

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntries_Valguero_IceDesert_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Snow Owl (EX)",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Owl_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="Managarmr IceDesert",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("IceJumper_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Owl_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1),(NPCClassString="IceJumper_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.002)))

Add z seeds and deathworm horns to island white drops: (Bonus =))

ConfigOverrideSupplyCrateItems=(SupplyCrateClassString="SupplyCrate_Level03_C",MinItemSets=1,MaxItemSets=5,NumItemSetsPower=1,bSetsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemSets=((SetName="New White Drops",MinNumItems=1,MaxNumItems=5,NumItemsPower=1,SetWeight=500,bItemsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemEntries=((EntryWeight=250,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemConsumable_Seed_PlantSpeciesZ_C"),ItemsWeights=(1000),MinQuantity=5,MaxQuantity=15,MinQuality=0,MaxQuality=2,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0),(EntryWeight=250,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemArmor_PhiomiaSaddle_C"),ItemsWeights=(1000),MinQuantity=1,MaxQuantity=1,MinQuality=0,MaxQuality=2,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.25),(EntryWeight=250,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemStructure_SleepingBag_Hide_C"),ItemsWeights=(1000),MinQuantity=1,MaxQuantity=1,MinQuality=0,MaxQuality=2,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0),(EntryWeight=250,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Sparkpowder_C"),ItemsWeights=(1000),MinQuantity=1,MaxQuantity=1,MinQuality=0,MaxQuality=2,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0),(EntryWeight=250,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItem_WeaponFlareGun_C"),ItemsWeights=(1000),MinQuantity=1,MaxQuantity=3,MinQuality=0,MaxQuality=2,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0),(EntryWeight=250,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_KeratinSpike_C"),ItemsWeights=(1000),MinQuantity=10,MaxQuantity=25,MinQuality=0,MaxQuality=2,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0)))))

Good times indeed! =p

I do not find it odd. Only some were advising they had Nitrado servers. Which I would expect being Nitrado is a Business Partner/Sponsor with WC they would stand out more.

It code be the code released to Nitrado. Still would be more likely a WC/Val Dev issue. Just never know

But as mentioned, I do not have the issue and I have been running Val before it was a DLC. As you said, guess we will wait.

I meant that since Nitrado is the host of Ark's Official servers, that it seems odd that it's not an issue on Official, but is on Unofficial. I'd assume the builds are the same? Just clarifying.

Thanks,

Did you notice extra code added when you enabled the event? I had the valentines event running prevously and I remember it was something like "-valentines event" and then different breeding stat multipliers.

What is the best way to ensure the server has my actual rates applied? Reset the ini's to default, restart server then re implement my changes? They are altered currently, but it seems it's just the Cuddle stat.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Is anyone experiencing issues with imprinting while using the option to "use current official event" on their servers? I have my Mature speed at 20, my Egg hatch at 10 and my Cuddle interval at .05. Normally when raising a megalosaurus it's 4 imprints at 33% each, but since enabling the summer event the imprinting has gone down to 9% each time.

After I enabled the summer event there was some code added to my GameUserSettings.ini that had adjusted breeding rates (that's not where it goes..) so I deleted this text when I found it, but now I'm noticing an issue when raising megals.

Any input you can provide would be appreciated.