Posts by Ceseuron

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!

DOAGEN Nitrado shouldn't be forcibly updating servers in the middle of the day without any notice or communication. My server was updated without my knowledge or consent, right in the middle of game play and players were disconnected instantly without any warning or time to react. This is unacceptable behavior on the part of Nitrado. Uptime is sacrosanct and you do not just rampage across production infrastructure rebooting servers because of a patch. If I just started patching and rebooting production servers in the middle of the day with no warning or notification in my line of work, I'd be fired instantly.

There's a correct way to handle server updates and Nitrado just failed miserably at it.

I am unable to file a support ticket for my ARK:SE server being forcibly updated without my knowledge because the rather pointless CAPTCHA system is broken on the form and won't allow the ticket to be submitted.

The CAPTCHA check is not needed here and should be disabled anyway. The only people that would submitting tickets for rented services are paying customers and paying customers aren't going to be robo-ticketing.

Also: How do I prevent the server from being force updated? I have the option unchecked for auto-restart on minor update. The server is already scheduled for automatic restart at a suitable time when there are no players connected. I don't need the server being restarted outside that window.

Well my server was forcibly updated without my knowledge or consent, right in the middle of gameplay. This is not acceptable, especially when there are players connected. And I can't even file a support ticket on it because the form is broken.

Guess it's time to start looking for another provider.

Thanks for the forced update that shut my server down right in the middle of gameplay with no warning!

I have the option unchecked to automatically install updates for this exact reason, yet the server was forcibly updated without my knowledge or consent. Is there any way to prevent this? It's completely unacceptable to forcibly install updates like this.