Posts by danfinger

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!

You are not alone. I was playing for about 20 minutes and got same error. Subsequent attempts to log back in have been the same error. I did reboot, didn't work- same error. Stop then start server, same deal. I suspect it is something on the Nitrado side.

If the game posts in the release notes it will wipe, then it will wipe. Many games post this. Rather sucks, but it happens and out of the players control. You can visit the game dev forums and share your frustration.

My version shows '1.11' and I've checked my types.xml and see the new SVAL gun and mag but my server didn't wipe. Logged into same character, bases are still sort of intact ..

I honestly wanted the wipe as one of the mods I installed broke fences/gates/towers and folded up all the tents which had loot in them. Loot spewed all over the ground. It's a bit of a mess.

Should I wait or re-install?

No need to reinstall server. Go into your events.xml file and for every event you want to despawn, set the flag

<active>1</active>

to

<active>0</active>

Reboot the server and let it run for like 20-30 minutes. Then go back in and set the active switch back to '1' and reboot again.. If you did everything else that scalespeeder specifies you should see your goodies all properly set up.

If that didn't work, you might want to post your events.xml and cfgspawnabletypes.xml here for us to have a gander.

Hi there danfinger.

I was looking at your setup here to set what people can spawn with as fresh and after death.
    I have tried what you have here, but it does not work.

Any files I need to delete for it to update or? I want some better starter gear on my server that I have set, but I have tried wiping the server and restarting without any luck.

If you have discord, can you give a shout out to Nikon#3280 ?

Did you download the file I attached?

Did you rename it from init.txt to init.c ?

Did you backup your old init.c file?

Did you delete your old init.c file?

You should answer 'Yes' for all of the above for it to work right. okay maybe not for backup but you get the drift. Do all of the above and then upload my init.c to your server

/dayzstandalone/mpmissions/dayzOffline.chernarusplus/init.c

and I'm certain it will work.

this is what i got now but cant seem to find server after restart once text added.... is something wrong??

are you saying you cannot find the server in the steam client? HOPING you mad a backup of your init.c file first. If you did, just replace your edited file with the old (original) and see if you can connect then. If you can, make your server a favorite.

I do see some extra brackets in your init.c file - I've attached my complete file to this post.

back up your old file

download my file 'init.txt'

rename file to init.c (for some reason I cannot upload '.c' file extension to the forum)

upload new file to /dayzstandalone/mpmissions/dayzOffline.chernarusplus

restart your server

hope that helps!

Files

• init.txt

(5.56 kB, downloaded 213 times, last: )

I don't know how you would get init.c to randomly do that. Here is my init.c for a new spawn load out:

added after the line "SetRandomHealth( itemEnt );"

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("AliceBag_Black"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("Compass"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("Canteen"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("SardinesCan"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("CombatKnife"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("MilitaryBelt"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("NylonKnifeSheath"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("PlateCarrierHolster"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("PistolSuppressor"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("CanOpener"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("M4A1"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("Mag_STANAGCoupled_30Rnd"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("Mag_STANAGCoupled_30Rnd"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("AmmoBox_556x45_20Rnd"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("AmmoBox_556x45_20Rnd"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("Glock19"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("Mag_Glock_15Rnd"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("Mag_Glock_15Rnd"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("AmmoBox_9x19_25rnd"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("AmmoBox_9x19_25rnd"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("BandageDressing"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("WoodAxe"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("SodaCan_Pipsi"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("SodaCan_Spite"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("TacticalBaconCan"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("Matchbox"); // added items

player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("WeaponCleaningKit"); // added items

to add items, find the name for what you want to add in the types.xml file, copy the line and replace with desired item.

Hello~

I've checked "Log Playerlist" in General Settings. But when I check server.log, it only shows the position once at login. Does this not update every 5 minutes as indicated by "Logs periodic player list with position every 5 minutes" ?

I've definitely saved and restarted and the change was captured in events.log

Nov 1, 2020, 1:18:06 AM danfinger Server: Server restarted.

Nov 1, 2020, 1:17:54 AM danfinger Settings: The setting 'adminLogPlayerList' was changed from '0' to '1'.

I've even tried adding the line to the serverDZ.cfg

adminLogPlayerList=1;

But nothing seems to be working.

Reduce log output is unchecked. Anyone else get this working? TIA,

~DF