Posts by Nolwyn

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!

I am seeing ZERO servers , no matter the filters. It has been only a week or two since I logged on. Have made sure XBox networking is OK. Still nothing.

A server admin once showed me a map and coordinates-list for excess structures that needed to be cleaned up. I do not know what server or service they used, but it was pretty cool! Does Nitrado offer a way to do that? Also, is there anything, that shows a lists of tames, or location tames or players?

The in game Voice slider does not seem to be working. It is WAY too loud even if the slider is bottomed out. I have tried to lower ambient and such, w/o luck. Any way to lower it in line commands or disable it on my the server?

Doagen,

Just want to clarify; If I am hosting a Xbox server from my Win10 PC, I cannot do the FTP back up? It is the SERVER that is not setup for FTP access and, basically I am just accessing that xbox server from my PC, just like my Xbox counterparts?

:/

Howdy from a noob server admin! :saint:

Found my server wiped today, after the update. I know I can restore a back up. However, I have a few questions...

1. Is restoring a back up my only solution or would restarting a few times work (I only ask because I saw in a different thread that it worked for one person, even tough they ran into other issues soon after)
    2. If I restore a back up... what happens with the update? Does it have to be reinstalled or it is now 'already there'?
    3. I play via PC/Windows and my family joins via Xbox. So, which back up should I use map, server, database, or a combo?
    4. Most importantly: What is the best way to avoid this in the future?
    5. And.... If the only safety net is a manual back up prior to updates, how can I know when the update is coming? (I would want to do my back up at the last possible moment! Because a backup going back even one day can result in hours of lost work it would be nice to narrow it down to as few hours).

Thanks in advance:!:<3