Posts by liferuler

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!

I have a 16 slot server, but I would like to reduce MaxPlayers to 10, without reducing my contract.

Changing the .ini file does not work because MaxPlayers is set as a startup parameter.

Could Nitrado support adjust MaxPlayers if I report a ticket?

I was able to resolve the issue by following the steps below:

1. Stopped the server.

2. Reset Stack Size Multiplier to correct value (in my case 5.0)

3. Restored a backup prior to 312.14 patch (I restored a backup from around Jun-30, 8:00am UTC).

Everything back to normal (stacking limits and stacks of items in storages).

This can't be serious...

How does a server hosting company release a patch to all his customer's tenants without testing first?

How hard would it be to perform a test release in a few servers first? Isn't it standard procedure for any reputable operations team?

What about our SLAs? Almost 15 hours of downtime and counting, for a service with a monthly billing?

This is my first week at Nitrado. I was considering to upgrade my server capacity. Now I am considering to open a dispute with paypal to have my money back.

Hello!

Is there a way to change the limit of players to a lower number than the rented server's slot limit?

My scenario is the following:

I want to keep my PVE server open to anyone, but I have a few players in the white-list (they are helping me to pay for the server, so I want them to always be able to join).

The problem is the way white-listing works in Ark. Even when the server is full (16/16) white-listed players are able to join, but no one is kicked out, thus exceeding the contractual server capacity.

I imagine two solutions for that:

1. Auto-kick a random (non-whitelisted) player whenever a white-list player joins. (but never heard of such functionality)

2. Lower the max players setting of the server by the number of white-listed users (to guarantee random players + white-list players will never exceed contract slots). (but I can't find max players setting in config panel)

Any thoughts on this?

Just rented an Ark server today, configured it (using web interface only, no expert mode).

Now I am trying to start my server, but it gets stuck in "the server will now restart..."message.

I have tried several times, waiting 30 minutes and more trying to get it started. I also tried "force stop", "force start", but none of the options started the server.
    I have already created a ticket a few hours ago but still haven't heard back from Nitrado support.

I really hope to get this issue resolved soon, but I am starting to get worried about the level of the service I have just rented.