Posts by liferuler

I have a 16 slot server, but I would like to reduce MaxPlayers to 10, without reducing my contract.

Changing the .ini file does not work because MaxPlayers is set as a startup parameter.

Could Nitrado support adjust MaxPlayers if I report a ticket?

I was able to resolve the issue by following the steps below:

1. Stopped the server.

2. Reset Stack Size Multiplier to correct value (in my case 5.0)

3. Restored a backup prior to 312.14 patch (I restored a backup from around Jun-30, 8:00am UTC).

Everything back to normal (stacking limits and stacks of items in storages).

This can't be serious...

How does a server hosting company release a patch to all his customer's tenants without testing first?

How hard would it be to perform a test release in a few servers first? Isn't it standard procedure for any reputable operations team?

What about our SLAs? Almost 15 hours of downtime and counting, for a service with a monthly billing?

This is my first week at Nitrado. I was considering to upgrade my server capacity. Now I am considering to open a dispute with paypal to have my money back.

Hello!

Is there a way to change the limit of players to a lower number than the rented server's slot limit?

My scenario is the following:

I want to keep my PVE server open to anyone, but I have a few players in the white-list (they are helping me to pay for the server, so I want them to always be able to join).

The problem is the way white-listing works in Ark. Even when the server is full (16/16) white-listed players are able to join, but no one is kicked out, thus exceeding the contractual server capacity.

I imagine two solutions for that:

1. Auto-kick a random (non-whitelisted) player whenever a white-list player joins. (but never heard of such functionality)

2. Lower the max players setting of the server by the number of white-listed users (to guarantee random players + white-list players will never exceed contract slots). (but I can't find max players setting in config panel)

Any thoughts on this?

Just rented an Ark server today, configured it (using web interface only, no expert mode).

Now I am trying to start my server, but it gets stuck in "the server will now restart..."message.

I have tried several times, waiting 30 minutes and more trying to get it started. I also tried "force stop", "force start", but none of the options started the server.
    I have already created a ticket a few hours ago but still haven't heard back from Nitrado support.

I really hope to get this issue resolved soon, but I am starting to get worried about the level of the service I have just rented.