Posts by crypt0ninja

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado

Can you add auto annouce or MOTD with different message feature?

Hi rock2rap,

Hopefully its a feature that will be added once/if RCON becomes available in the future as its a feature im interested in myself, as of now you can only set a static MOTD in the config. This is controlled/coded by the devs and not something Nitrado can implement.

Cheers,

crypt0

Can you turn the sentries off? so there not in the game? ive turned the damage off for them but there shooting gets on my nerves lol

Hi Calh90,

Yes you can turn sentries off by doing the following:

1. Log into the Nitrado Web Interface for your SCUM server

2. Under "Settings" click "Config Files"

3. Click the drop down that displays the currently displayed ini file and change it to ServerSettings.ini and click Load

4. Look for "MaxAllowedSentriesInWorld" and replace the parameter with this: MaxAllowedSentriesInWorld=0

5. Click Save and then Restart your server.

6. Enjoy no sentries :)

Any issues let us know.

Cheers,

crypt0

After I've order Increase slot. Server Stopping longtime please help...

Hi rock2rap,

If the server restart is taking longer than expected it usually shows a message and gives the option to forcefully stop it.

Failing that, please submit a support ticket for assistance with this (link in my sig).

Cheers,

crypt0

Hi there,

To edit the items spawn you must modify this section of your ServerSettings.ini file:

[SCUM.ItemSpawning]

SpawnerProbabilityMultiplier=100

ExamineSpawnerProbabilityMultiplier=100

ExamineSpawnerExpirationTimeMultiplier=.4

SpawnerGroupsExpirationTimeInMinutesMultiplier=1

SpawnerGroupsExpirationTimeInMinutes=10

^ ^ Your ExamineSpawnerProbabilityMultiplier and SpawnerProbabilityMultiplier are set way too high btw....

This is what I have set for my server for increased loot (defaults are 1,1,30,1):

[SCUM.ItemSpawning]

SpawnerProbabilityMultiplier=5

ExamineSpawnerProbabilityMultiplier=5

SpawnerGroupsExpirationTimeInMinutes=15

ExamineSpawnerExpirationTimeMultiplier=0.5

When posting large amounts of code/settings please use a spoiler section going forward.

Cheers,

crypt0

Hi SCUMWorldde,

Are you using the IP:PORT shown in the Nitrado Web Interface? or the IP:PORT shown in, for example, Battlemetrics?

There's a bug with the Nitrado Web Interface for SCUM at the moment where the port that is listed as the server port is not correct. The Query port listed in the Nitrado Web Interface for SCUM is actually the server port that you use to direct connect.

Nitrado need to switch the server port and Query port around on the SCUM Web Interface as they are currently the wrong way around, its already on their list for a fix as I discussed this with Support recently :)

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers

crypt0

where to setting for unlock ADMIN command of "#setgodmode"?

thank:)

Hi there,

In order to enable god mode for an admin you have to do the following:

1. In the AdminUsers.ini file via the Web Interface, you enable god mode per Steam64ID e.g.12345678901234567[godmode]

2. Once you have done the above (and restarted server for it to take effect) type "#setgodmode true" (without quotations) in the in-game chat

3. You should see a message in the chat confirming that god mode is enabled if successful

Cheers,

crypt0

Its been a little while since I run a DayZ server, but from what I remember, in order for some folders/files to appear you need to first run the server with the mods enabled and then stop it.

I'm assuming you've already tried that?

Cheers,

crypt0

I'm fairly proficient with computers, but I'm having a really hard time getting Community Framework, Day-Z expansion, and Community Online Tools installed.

I get to the point where I need to access the PermissionsFramework and the profiles. However I can't find them. I do not have the config folder that the tutorial is showing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Chawwpy :)

Is this tutorial of any help to you:

Cheers,

crypt0

Thanks for the answer. A hot fix just came out. Am I forced to reinstall again!? If this is the case, I'm starting to wish I went with the other company...

No you shouldn't need to reinstall again for a game update, the update gets applied automatically along with a server restart, within reasonable time of a patch being released.

I've only advised of the re-install option in order to wipe the server, as the option to delete/clear savegames is not available at the moment. But I have raised this as an issue.

I've just checked the SCUM-Hotfix 0.4.83.24748 patch notes and there's no mention of a further wipe being required.

Cheers,

crypt0

I just bought an Ark Server for PC and not xBox is there any way i can get my money back or switch it over to xBox server?

Hi TrexSlayer,

Support should be able to assist you with this if you raise a ticket (link to raise a ticket in my signature).

Forum mods don't have access to customer accounts so this will need to be raised via ticket.

Kind regards,

crypt0

There was an update to Scum today and I understood there would be a wipe but my server hasn't been wiped. Is this something I do manually and if so, how?

Hi UncleZed,

I have personally raised this with Support yesterday as it seems the option to delete the savegame is missing from the Web Interface. But yes only the official servers automatically wipe when due, private servers have to manually wipe.

In the meantime, I just downloaded my config files to my desktop, then re-installed the server and re-applied the downloaded configs. This method will wipe the server but do take note that server re-installs can potentially change your IP due to load balancing checks that take place when re-installing a server (mine didn't change luckily but its possible that it will).

I'm sure the Nitrado Web Developers will get this added as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

crypt0

I am considering renting a Scum server but I saw some problems about three weeks back regarding database issues. Have these been resolved? Is anyone still spawning in as different characters, or having their storage or base disappearing?

Hi UncleZed,

I have had a SCUM server with Nitrado since day 1.

Yes there were several issues at launch but all major issues have since been resolved. I now have zero issues with my server and its performing great.

You can test out my server before deciding if you like: Click Here!

Kind regards,

crypt0

I am changing the nominal to the high number that i want and the min to the low number that I want. I am not receiving error messages. And I have tried putting the default files back in and still having the same issue to where there is hardly any loot.

Have you tried setting both the low/high nominal setting to a high number just to test if its making an effect on the spawn system?

If that doesn't work you could try re-installing your server from the Web Interface, but If you don't wish to do that then I would suggest that you submit a ticket to support for assistance.

You can raise a ticket by clicking the link in my signature :)

Kind regards,

crypt0

I am having issues with my configuration files, I.e types.xml and cfgspawnabletypes.xml. Is there anyone that is able to help me as when I change things to a higher or lower spawn it won't work. Also things are spawning the way that I hope they should be. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.:?::?:

Hi there,

Can you please let us know how you are trying to adjust the spawns? Explain the steps you are taking so we can understand exactly whats happening :)

Have you tried resetting the server to its default configuration? do you still have issues with spawns with the default config or only when trying to adjust them?

Are you getting any errors appearing in the server logs?

Kind regards

crypt0

Android and only trying with WIFI so far :)

it would be weird if it only works using mobile internet, but I can't check it right now

Give it a go on Mobile Data when you get the chance and let us know if all is good.

Sometimes Internet Service Providers have DNS and/or routing issues going on that can affect connections to a number of sites etc. so wouldn't be surprising for it to work on Mobile Data and not WIFI :)

Kind regards,

crypt0