Posts by ArchSenex

You do not need to do anything to the server to change Oasis, just activate the other in myrealm and it will push it to the new server.

It is NOT akin to burning. While your walkers will move to the new oasis, your structures etc. will stay on the old one. When you switch back, they will still be there. However, High Quality materials only mature on active servers, so keep that in mind when switching.

You cannot delete or change oasis in any way. That's on Donkey Crew to add (and lord knows we've told them in the discord it's needed).

I have not noticed that being logged into myrealm is required for the server to work. Others log into the server when I'm not active or have myrealm up or anythin.

new York. It's based on the vm host. So even within a center some servers have more problems ( you can learn a lot from the support techs if you get them chatty ).

Looks like mine just came up, right as their support hours starting. Maybe Doug got a post-it to kick the LO servers?

Btw, my servers have never taken more than 2 minutes to start after a proper update

Yeah, it seems inconsistent. Some update just fine, and some they have to manually kick.

REALLY hope they can add the deployed version to the UI so I know who to bug

It's entirely the update process. Nitrado doesn't seem able to automate updates for this game, so you have to call them for them to update the servers. Of course, doesn't help that they don't have support aligned to their datacenter offerings

Donkey crew was pushing an update, only just finished it about 20 minutes ago. Nitrado will need to push the update to servers for things to work

Sleeping Giants 2 is PROBABLY the new hard map, the one with a more Road like design that allows bigger walkers through.

Canyon 11? That MIGHT be the iron map, I haven't heard that one. If anybody has gone to the iron map in official, the map name is in the upper right hand corner. I stopped playing official a while ago.

I like to think Nitrado is regretting being the favored "Partner" of Donkey Crew. They're taking most of the heat for what was not a good architecture in the first place. People keep asking about when other hosts will have the servers, and I keep asking myself "do other hosts even WANT this trouble?"

yeah I would love more granular detail on the server, myrealm still reports my server as the old version. But it's not fired up yet after the reinstall. I'll just leave it on that and keep watching it

myrealm is probably just showing the last time that server managed to connect to it. Until it gets another phone home successfully, the info will be stale (hence the "unknown" state.

In my experience, once a server phones home after an update, it's pretty stable. The issue is that I know that DC's "phone home" receiver appears to be nearly useless.

Nitrado needs to expose the version number of the software currently installed. Right now, I don't know if the problem is

A) Nitrado isn't deploying the updated server files. I've seen no status indication that it's installed the updated version, and reinstall isn't guaranteed to install the updated version

or

B) Nitrado HAS deployed the updated server files, and Donkey Crew's central management system isn't responding to let the server phone home.

Depending on which it is, it's a different group's issue. If I knew the deployed version of my server, at least I'd know if I need to bug DC. Their back end has been overwhlemed since Private Servers were launched (they shouldn't have cleared them for general availability)

as of right now, nothing beyond what is available on the myrealm.lastoasis.gg control page can be edited. Based on the games design, any parameters you CAN edit will be there. This game doesn't use the normal design so ini files aren't in use.

when I first started up our map, somebody had to walk near a node to get it started. Now that the map has been online a few days, its behaving normally. It makes sense that a sub area of the map isn't initialized until somebody goes there (servers often avoid processing empty areas to save resources and then rapidly catch that area up when somebody enters)