Posts by zeeoric

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado

I am having an issue like this, i can access my web interface, had the server for a while was running fine till the update. I setup the new volcanic tile and then activated it, for 2 days my game has been at deactivating the old tile and activating the new tile but the new tile just says No game server available for hosting.

This has been 2 days now havent been bale to get my server up and running since the update. The issue is not on my end, nothing i can do about it other than reinstall my server and make people lose an entire months worth of progress, which if that has to happen i want a refund for that 30 days worth of lost progress.

I am having the same issue, and it takes so long for the server to restart, i also run a server from home and that server restarts in 30 seconds, but it seems my nitrado server takes 5 or more minutes. These servers are not hardware intensive by any means, and it taking so long when i can start it in 30 seconds on an old laptop is just unacceptable as a server host.

Nitrado needs to find out why they are taking so long to restart and correct that issue. Nitrado also needs to update their dashboard to properly reflect that the server has not completed startup, maybe say running once the startup is complete.

I am disappointed that I am able to host a server from home on a 6 year old laptop much more efficiently than the server host I am paying for.

currently the only way to do it is to reinstall the server, basically wiping everything, the ability to remove and generate new Oasis is in the works but may be a month or longer before we receive it, this is a restriction by the developer and Nitrado has no capability of changing that without the Developers adding that feature

I Agree we need server admin commands, and to the Moderators reading this I know you don't have them, but it would be nice since you know for a fact that a game has to have them to test before even releasing a pre-alpha release, that you were as our server providers asking Donkey Crew to provide them to us..... I do not believe that is asking too much.

I would like to be able to have at least 2 oasis, is this possible, i have already reserved 2 servers but it doesnt look like they will be able to be combined, just hoping we can get more than one oasis or else the game limits you as to what you can do because no one oasis has all of the resources

I guess the terminology is throwing everyone for a loop, I have talked with the Devs and according to them their current setup is that every Hex is run by a separate server....

So what I believe we want to know is on a rented server will that only include one Hex.... because if im looking at it one Hex on a board game would be one "tile" or at least that is the assumption. I understand that you are working with the Devs to get the servers up and running, and i would like to say that since there have already been projected release dates that have been moved multiple times now, that the servers are far enough along to be able to get a straight answer on this.....so here is the question if you have to ask the Devs directly please do but if you do not honestly already know the answer to this question i will seriously be losing all confidence in you as a server hosting company

What does one get with a rented server, i.e. are there multiple hexes to encompass at least one easy, one medium and one hard hex or is there only one Hex that will be available.

To say at this point that you don't know just tells me the servers are months away from being available because this is basic configuration for the servers, this would need to be known when determining the resources the system would need, how many hexes, how resource intensive are they (hard drive space, ram usuage, processor requirement, can it be virtualized for multiple servers on one hardware server, what type of database are you including, what is the projected size of the database structure)..... all considerations that would have to be in place to even determine if hosting a server for this game is viable and cost effective.....

So when i hear i cant really explain more than that.... no offense I am a programmer and DBA and i know better, i work on projects for multi million dollar server farms and i know what goes into the planning stages and the execution.... so please just give us a straight forward answer on this

If you want multiple realms, you need to have multiple tiles. And 1 server = 1 tile.

This is information I wish i had before pre-ordering a server to be honest

is there any info you can give us on what type of ini configurations will be available for the servers?