Posts by erroratseeek

Just wait a couple of hours. Myself and some others have the same issue; Servers that worked stable for weeks starting to crash constantly. Sometimes after minutes sometimes when you try to connect in-game.

Try to stop the server for a couple of hours to avoid damage to your databases and check if your powered of server is still shown in the game lobby. That happens to me very often. I guess that is related to network traffic and nitrados network performance.

Hope this helps

hi 1 is okay for 1.0 tested it a while ago as I read it somewhere. I wanted to reduce signs for keeping filesize == RAM down.

I guess you have to wait till all old cars on the map despawned. you could set lifetime to 3 for all cars and restart the server. after an hour change back to your value and restart.

Mentioned this more detailed a few times in other posts.

Think about spawning base buildiung materials or sets of weapons and clothes in cars. I had a while ago all olgas filed with different sets of materials, adas with different set of personal gear for me and my friends.

Hi thanks for answering. About 3 hours after my post the server stopped crashing an I played a bit everything smooth. If the error isn't on our side I would guess that this issues are performance related to nitrados infrastructure. For me it looks like there is to many traffic when many people are playing which causes the nitrado network to break down. like an ddos-attack. I remember when DayZ came to Gamepass. My Server was so full I can't connect and was in queue. Before Gamepass my server was the only one with Q at the names beging in EU and suddenly there where dozens. in this time my server crashed much more often.

Below the code for my Olga. For the damage you have to change the damage tag

in example <damage min="0.00" max="0.00" /> every item below that tag will be affected.

With this example top on the cfgspawnabletypes.xml any item will spawn pristine.

<type name="CivilianSedan">

<attachments chance="1">

<item name="CivSedanWheel" chance="1" />

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

<item name="CarRadiator" chance="1" />

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

<item name="CarBattery" chance="1" />

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

<item name="SparkPlug" chance="1" />

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

<item name="HeadlightH7" chance="1" />

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

<item name="HeadlightH7" chance="1" />

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

<item name="CivSedanDoors_Driver" chance="1" />

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

<item name="CivSedanDoors_CoDriver" chance="1" />

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

<item name="CivSedanDoors_BackLeft" chance="1" />

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

<item name="CivSedanDoors_BackRight" chance="1" />

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

<item name="CivSedanHood" chance="1" />

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

<item name="CivSedanTrunk" chance="1" />

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

<item name="CanisterGasoline" chance="1" />

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

<item name="WaterBottle" chance="1" />

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

</attachments>

<attachments chance="1">

</attachments>

</type>

Again my modded Server keeps crashing again; sometimes after a couple of minutes sometimes adhoc after pressing the play button.

For weeks it hadn't any crash even without restarting it for 3-4 days. No changes made...

On PC-Version I can't see any problems in the logs.

Because Nitrado offers no crashlogs and their support ignored this repetitive server crashes for month now when I submit a ticket I want wo ask if someone here has the same problems.

By the way; here a short list of websites & online-tools I use for modding frequently.

VANILLA XML files version 1.08
    Chernarus Direct-Link: dayzoffline.chernarusplus
    Livonia Direct-Link: dayzoffline.enoch

All tools und files (even modding samples) von Bohemia

Bohemia Repositories: https://github.com/bohemiainteractive/

DayZ TYPES.XML modifier
    dayz.skyn1.se

Lists with class-names of the items ingame (even some removed but working like sword, wodka...)
    https://github.com/cyphermediagit/dayzclassnames2020/blob/master/classname2020
    https://github.com/ravmustang/dayz_sa_classname_dump/tree/master/everything%20dayz

Download your log-files via WebUI and post them here to visualize events on map
    iZurvive DayZ & ARMA Map: Chernarus+ Terrain

DayZ Wiki
    https://dayz.gamepedia.com/dayz_standalone_wiki

XML Validator (to check if your files are well-formed and valid which is essentially to NOT perma-crash the server)
    Free Online XML Validator (Well formed)

For those who like video tutorials; Don Sibley posted some on Youtube. He is very creative but it looks like he sometimes tries things for the first try and he's "trial&error"-ing here and there. I used his tutorials for cars and dynamic npcs/hordes and planning to build a bridge to prison island like he did.

You can use this Online-Tool to bump up your Loot-Settings easily!

dayz.skyn1.se

Upload your original TYPES.XML and when you are finished download the generated file and replace the types.xml on your server with this one.

Use the search-tool to find a shitload of other guys asking the same question before.

Item respawn on server restart is not a thing I think. Item spawns are based on the values in types.xml

For example:

<lifetime>7200</lifetime> --> Time (in seconds) this object stays in the world without interaction before it despawns
    < restock>300</restock> --> Time (in seconds) this object needs to respawn

The changes you make just effect new spawned items and if an item/object was taken or despawned because of timeout it not has to spawn immediatly. Every item has defined places where it can spawn. if no space is available or the max-value is reached the spawn event goes to a queue. I don't know which modus operandi is used but I would bet it's an FiFo (First in - First out).

So depending on what you are doing changes can take very very long.

A while ago I most likely found a workaround what prevented a server wipe for me. back then i needed to wipe all cars because the cars on the server which was maxed out (768 cars max) and caused permanent crashes and restart-loops. I described the method already here: Car Spawns

There is an online types.xml customizer where you can upload, change and download your file: DSSC - Dayz standalone server customizer

It has a nice GUI with some helpful features especially if you need to change many items.

Use this tool to set the min/max/nominal values to 0 and download the file.

The next steps are recommended for any file change:

1. Backup your actual file(s)

2. Shut down your server

3. Wait 5 minutes for the server to do get his stuff done (highly recommended by nitrado). Even if the GUI says the server stopped there is some activity on the backend

4. Upload your file(s)

5. Again wait 5 minutes.

6. Start the server

7. Login your server and again... wait 5 minutes. There are thousands if not ten-thousands or more items in the game and the nitrado servers are not so performant their marketing imply

8. Repeat steps 2 to 6 but upload your file with the desired values

If you do big changes that will affect many items like a complete wipe off all items and respawning them it can happen that the server crashes several times because of the high workload.

If that happens don't panic. just give it some tries. If the server won't stop crashing after 3 to 5 times it's most likely broken code like a missing sign like " or <>

Hope this helps!

Isn't it possible to remove the object definitions in the mapgroup*.xml files? Didn't test it yet but thought about it giving a try sometimes. In fact i don't want to remove buildings but stuff like car wrecks and garbage from my base terrain which is an industrial complex where shitloads of garbage wont let you build fences like u want.

Thats because of the object lifetime. you have to wait until the "old-versioned" cars despawn to make space for the new one. same to loot. You always have to wait till the old objects despawn. So single changes can take up to hours or days depending how long you set the lifetime.

You could set min/max/nominal to 0 restart and wait 5-10 minutes to get the server the despawns done, shut down, restore original min/max/nominal and restart.

If anyone uses the "reset the mission xml files" for chernarus please share the unmoded vanilla-files. I want to migrate my modifications without a reset because a server-restart with "clean" files would brake many things I spawned. For example if a building which is manualy spawned despawns and someone build a fence close to it, it wouldn't respawn properly. even a car parked to close would brake the spawn. also containers do trigger that behaviour

My server did that too a couple of hours. After a while I managed to stop it manually as it restarted but not yet crashed. I checked the files and saw that they are not got overwritten with new ones what I expected. I startet a thread in the german forum about a source for 1.08 vanilla-files but no one answers. After sometime I started the server an he just run up. I guess that the upgrade of nitrados-datacenter was still running. Now the server runs fine with 1.07 files. to get the new loot I need to reset xml but I have made so many mods that migrating needs some time and so I keep it running this way some time.

On my server cars stopped spawning after several months and I could not figure out why. As I modded my offline pc server someday I analysed a server crash and found out that the max car count is 768 (3x256) so I changed the min/max/nominal of all cars to 0. Restarted the server and did wait for about 5-10 minutes. Then stopped the server, reset the min/max/nominal and Everything was fine again. So I did that process on my xbox server what wipped all cars and then they spawned properly.

I think the problem here was that I hat cars lifetime at about 44 dayz and all the wrecked cars wont respawn and after months of trashing cars in chernarus the limit was reached.

Now I use much lower lifetime on cars.

Hope this helps someone