Posts by Stimula

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!

I threw in the towel and switched to another service. I waited three days and didn't get anything from my ticket after trying what I could to discern what was going on. While I appreciate the complexities of providing a service during a major release period, I simply am not willing to pay for a service that I cannot use. It would be different if it were a few hours or even a day, I consider myself to be moderately patient. But I struggled through the constant crashing and roll backs for several days and now have an "in progress ticket" simmering for three more. I spun up the same 10 slot server this morning and have not had so much as a hiccup, mods and all.

After removing all but S+ the instability persists. I'm really trying not to send my servers progress back nearly ten days but uninstalling S+. After removing the other mods it does not appear to me that they are the source of the issue. If that is the answer I get then that will probably be it for me with Nitrado. Oh and this in the event log cant be good...

You can try a force shutdown and restart. If that fails, did you make any recent changes? If so, remove the changes then restart.

If you are running mods for say like ARK- check the Steam workshop and see if that mod has folks reporting issues.

Forcing a server shutdown and letting it sit for an hour is actually the only way I can manage to get back on after one of my server backflips. Characteristically, it appears to crash in game, then players are disconnected, and after several minutes are still registered as connected. After every iteration of this exercise the server does not restart from where it was but rather from up to an hour prior to its episode, which is why playing at the moment is pointless. The first time I forced a restart I rolled it back completely to when Genesis released. I've also gone through the mods on Steam workshop and found no significant indication of issues with currently running Genesis servers. My next step was going to be removing them all and adding them back in one by one to test this theory, but I was waiting on a response from the ticket that I submitted yesterday. My only question would be if it is the running mods that I have causing the issues, why is the problem so widespread enough that it is posted on the server admin interface? I'm currently running S+, super spyglass, dino tracker, and dino panels for anyone who seems to have the same issue.

The question of compensation isn't important for me, its $13 dollars... Having the ability to reliably play an expansion that's been out for 9 days is my concern. Being part of a release is quite the experience for those that pay to have you facilitate that. It's not personal, nor am I really upset, its something new and there will always be issues. But the longer I continue to have these issues the more I consider another service.

Hello

We are aware of the restarting and crashing issue. Its is being worked on. I do not have an ETA at the moment.

It's been more then two days since the issue has been posted on the server admin interface and almost 24 hours since its been acknowledged here. Is there an eta yet? I've lost quite a bit of time and game resources to this known technical issue. Not playing seams to be the best option for those who participate on my server and it makes me question why I'm paying for a service I cannot use. Any additional information on the issue would be most helpful.