Just a general question about server

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Hello!

It's first time I'm using game server, so I would like to ask some questions.

1. I bought it for a month. What will happen after that? Will it asks me to pay for another month or just deletes all my data?

2. Yesterday I noticed, that my server not listed in ARK, because server mods was not up to date. Basically there was mod update, which was not installed on server. After server restart it started to work again. But what is best settings for this? Should is use "Automatic update"? Or I can just update mods without restart? Or server restart after each mod update is already best option?

• I can answer the first question for you, but not the second.

If you do not renew the server at the end of the active period, it will not automatically renew. If you do not manually extend the server prior to its active period expiring, it will be suspended. You then have 9 days to renew it before the server is removed. I have two servers (PS and XB) and the PS server expired last week, and it was immediately suspended with a count down warning me that the server will be deleted in 9 days if I do not renew it in that time.

If you renew the server before the expiry date then the remaining time is added to the period you are renewing.

Myrm

I am currently employed as one of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard (Yinchorr Academy - Class of 2019).

• Q:

2. Yesterday I noticed, that my server not listed in ARK, because server mods was not up to date. Basically there was mod update, which was not installed on server. After server restart it started to work again. But what is best settings for this? Should is use "Automatic update"? Or I can just update mods without restart? Or server restart after each mod update is already best option?

A:

This is how ARK works. Anytime a MOD or when server version does not match with client the server will not be listed. Which is a good thing being no one could connect anyways.

Servers, and Mods MUST be up to date in order for players to connect. Minor server updates sometimes ignore this.

How you set up your server is your choice. Some folks have automatic updates enabled. That only affects the server version. When mods update and this happens a couple of ways. Either server reboots say for a restart or you have a task scheduled. Or in your case where you saw a mod out of date, you can click on the update in the mod page, then restart. Clicking on update only sends a command on the backend saying, update me on reboot basically.