Server Shutdown in 10...9...

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • 2 days in a row now at around this time, my server has spontaneously given us a 10 second warning to secure ourselves and leave. Now obviously, I didn't ask for it to do that. On top of the random shutdown, 10 seconds...? In ark, that is about 50 seconds short of enough time to avoid a monumental loss when you fall unconscious. If the server is set to restart every 24h, i don't see why 8:30pm would be a good time for a new york server.

• Yeah, i see that now. I did not add this myself though. It only started yesterday.

I believe it is set to occur by default. Certainly the two servers I have had it set to active when I purchased the servers. You can delete the auto starts or even change their frequency, time and warning period . I have heard that it is recommended to auto restart at least once every 24 hours. I was told this helps maintain server performance, though I am not sure if that is true.

I have mine to restart (with a 5 minute warning) at 4am local time every morning.

Myrm

I am currently employed as one of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard (Yinchorr Academy - Class of 2019).

• I have heard that it is recommended to auto restart at least once every 24 hours. I was told this helps maintain server performance, though I am not sure if that is true.

This is not quite correct, we recommend on the recommendation of the game developers to restart the game every 24 hours, this will release data garbage and it runs better on the server. The messages you see in the automatic tasks are only internal, so you know for what you have the start/stop/restart built in. :)

• I have heard that it is recommended to auto restart at least once every 24 hours. I was told this helps maintain server performance, though I am not sure if that is true.

This is not quite correct, we recommend on the recommendation of the game developers to restart the game every 24 hours, this will release data garbage and it runs better on the server. The messages you see in the automatic tasks are only internal, so you know for what you have the start/stop/restart built in. :)

Hi DennisSaleyka Thank you for clarifying that. :thumbup:

Myrm

I am currently employed as one of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard (Yinchorr Academy - Class of 2019).