Astroneer - Restart of server lost two hours of gameplay

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • I bought an 8 man 90 day Astroneer game server for Xbox yesterday which has been great. Played with a bunch of friends last night and I wanted to update the server to a) add a password b)set my account to become and admin. So I waited till everyone was done playing, I was the last to exit the game. I made the changes online via web UI and then restarted the server. I assume (badly it seems) that my progress would have been saved. When the server came online the pwd was set and when I logged in I was an admin but I lost about 2 hours of game play. So my questions are

1) How do I save in Astoneer? My friend mentioned there is a save option but maybe I needed to be admin and since that was a config change I was trying to make I couldn't save? Do I need to initiate a save before I log off and then when my friends play they'd get saved by whatever process saved the data when I restarted the server?

2) Is there anything I can do to get back to my last progress, I doubt it but figured I'd ask

3) Can someone explain how the backup / save stuff works on game servers. I see there is a daily back for the game and the DB, if something bad was to happen and I had to rollback which of those would I restore or would it be both?

Thanks in Advance for your help!

• Drakexz

Added the Label Astroneer