I Cannot Connect To My Ark Server (JOINING FAILED CANNOT FIND ADDRESS)

• I had no problems yesterday but I tried logging in today, onto my private server that I am paying for, and I cannot join it??? Joining fails as it cannot find the address? Is there some kind of fix for this? Why is my server acting up? Does anyone know what to do when this happens?

• Hello,

Sorry that you are having issues.

You can do the following things to see if it is resolved...

(1) Does it appear "UP" in the WebUI? If so, check the filters in your search or reboot.

Additional info to connect here: https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/connect_to_a_xbox_nitrado_ark:_survival_evolved_server

(2) Does it appear 'offline' or 'down' in the WebUI? If yes, do a reboot. If it hangs during a reboot, after a few minutes 'force shutdown' will appear. Do so, then restart.

(3) If the above do not work or apply to you, check the logs of the server. Any? If crashstack, you can do a backup recovery.

NOTE: if you do a recovery backup, you will lose ALL progress from now up till the backup recovery file time.

(4) If that all fails, and you feel comfortable and understand the risk or have a "crashstack" error you could try a reinstall.

NOTE: reinstalling more than likely you will lose all backups.

Otherwise contact Nitrado Support to further investigate.

Link: Support | nitrado.net

Tickets are usually picked up within 24hrs on a weekday. Also notice when you are submitting if a message pops up like "you may expect longer than normal times for a response". Nitrado turns that one and off as needed. Tickets are picked up in the order they are received.

This is a Community Support Forum for gamers and admins like all of us to help and suggest to each other things related to the game of basic support ideas or suggestions.

Moderators have no access to servers or accounts.

thank you.