Damage logs?

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Why have we had damage logs removed instead of overhauled to work with the new raid mechanics?

Many server owners, myself included feel we can no longer allow base raiding on our servers as we can no longer track whether or not players are sticking to the rules we set. This in turn is having a knock-on effect with our players, who feel that a large part of the reason they play is not being allowed anymore.

Is there a solution to this in the pipeline?

• Couldn't agree with this more. By removing this you have removed any power which server owners have had over the players playing on their servers.

On top of this it seem as though this is been avoided on social media will all questions in regards to it been ignored.

(PS4)

• This implementation forces the hand for server owners to be one of two things. Neutered or an uncontrolled free for all. If you enjoy base raiding being an impossibility, wall to be invincible, water sources to be blocked off, military zones to be griefed, and buildings to be blocked just to maintain order, then this was the right move to do! Or if you spent hours creating the right balance of rules to add a new feel and dynamic to DayZ and ya are in the mood to throw out all that hard work, then does Nitrado have some good news for you! The impact of this can either destroy a server or destroy a playerbase and the unfortunate reality is there is no in between.

• with 1.08 Bohemia decided to remove the damage logs, However there is destruction logs still, It was the Manufacturer decision which is Bohemia, Nitrado as a Gameserver provider has no control over it, I recommend to submit feedback to Bitstudio at DayZ

• HowsMyShot I think we are all aware of this however i think its a issue for both companies as without these options then nitrado server owners are not in control and this in turn will stop people buying server space and also cancelling existing subscribtions. Also as for destruction logs because of how the mechanics now work the only way i have found to get any kinda of destruction log is using a chainsaw which isnt actually in the game. No matter how else a base is attacked we get no log files what so ever. If you have any knowledge which may help us all in regards to these "destruction logs" then please let us know

• HowsMyShot I think we are all aware of this however i think its a issue for both companies as without these options then nitrado server owners are not in control and this in turn will stop people buying server space and also cancelling existing subscribtions. Also as for destruction logs because of how the mechanics now work the only way i have found to get any kinda of destruction log is using a chainsaw which isnt actually in the game. No matter how else a base is attacked we get no log files what so ever. If you have any knowledge which may help us all in regards to these "destruction logs" then please let us know

I totally agree with you when it comes to destruction log which is key Important thing specially when running RP, Personally myself run a Semi-RP & RP server and at times player tickets due to this can hit over 50+ on discord, and with Limitation of this logs there not much server owners can do, From Nitrado standpoint it's only available when Bohemia decided to make it happen and when they decided to remove it's beyond Nitrado control as a GameServer provider, Personally to overcome this issue I coded python to monitor detection alert on discord when comes to base this way I know when some approached x meters within the protection base/area specified

Meantime I will sure sign the feedback form on Bitstudio, The more voice heard it become a priority consideration for Bohemia :)

• i'm not even sure submitting the feedback there will make a difference. i have already raised the issue on multiple occasions via social media which they're clearly active on, to no response. it is sad to see how they are happy to respond to pointless tweets but not to the real concerns of their paying communities.