Server is not responding, 500 Internal Server Error, can't even direct connect

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado
  • about 4 days ago my server shut itself down in the middle of the night and never restarted itself. This was a recurring problem and now no one can join the server, the direct connect doesn't work either with steam saying "Server is not responding." I just want to get on so we can export our dinos from the broken server. I have trying shutting it down and leaving it then restarting it but that did nothing. I've tried reverting to a backup and that also did nothing. it's been restarted multiple times and the server is still not responding

• Did you already contact the support?

No support via PM.

Important: Mods here in the forum do not have access to your services. If we advise you to contact the support, you have to create a ticket or call them. There is nothing we can do.

• Randomly shut itself down sounds to me like a crash.

Not being able to come back up when you've restarted it, (hopefully isn't) but sounds like the save has corrupted. (This can happen for several reasons with Ark, game updates, mods, server settings etc).

Please have a look at this wiki and see if it matches what you're getting.

https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/troubleshooting_of_ark:_survival_evolved

If you click Logs on the server webinterface and see a Crashstack file, scroll to the top and check it against the Software Messages in Log Files section on the wiki page I've linked.