Scum Server Container/Shelter Loss & Character Reset/Change

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Both, I reinstalled it post fixes and it was stable for several weeks. Just a weird anomaly on Saturday morning's restart that caused the server to load up from a point several days prior, possibly a week along with zero stats and full HP/Fuel/Battery on vehicles. Symptoms of what we experienced when the servers were first live. Server is back to being stable since so no idea what the gremlin was.

Did you manage to grab a copy of the server log before reinstalling? If not, if it happens again be sure to save the server log before re-installing as it will assist the community and/or Nitrado Support with pinpointing the problem.

Obviously *touch wood* it never happens again!

I've had no issues with my Nitrado SCUM server since the fixes for the major issues were confirmed, and I'm constantly monitoring my server too.

Kind regards,

crypt0ninja

• Afraid not.

Just noticed something different though. I repaired my base from 85% with some on 83% back to 100% last night. I've just checked and it seems the repair work has been lost during this morning's restart as the health is back to 85% and some on 83%.

• Afraid not.

Just noticed something different though. I repaired my base from 85% with some on 83% back to 100% last night. I've just checked and it seems the repair work has been lost during this morning's restart as the health is back to 85% and some on 83%.

Sorry to hear Chef...

Can you reply and copy your server log into a spoiler section so I can take a peek?

Would also be a good idea to get a Support Ticket raised and include the server log data, along with the details on what you have noticed/tested yourself.

Kind regards,

crypt0

• I don't know why the logfile starts at 2257hrs and stops right before the server restarted at 0600hrs but anyhow, here's what I have. Also looks like players joined the server shortly after at 2258. After they leave, the server remains empty for the rest of the log. Log is too big to paste into a spoiler so I've uploaded it as a txt on Google Drive

I've just restarted the server after applying flag repairs and it's loaded up from a state over two weeks ago! I'm restoring it from yesterday's backup to see if that brings it back.

• Backup restore has brought back stability again. Repairing flag, then rebooting the server had no negative effect.

Unlike Saturday's restore though, the server has changed IP address. Not sure if that's meant to happen, or should have happened on Saturday when I restored the server, or should not have happened today when I restored the server. Another strange behaviour.

• Backup restore has brought back stability again. Repairing flag, then rebooting the server had no negative effect.

Unlike Saturday's restore though, the server has changed IP address. Not sure if that's meant to happen, or should have happened on Saturday when I restored the server, or should not have happened today when I restored the server. Another strange behaviour.

As far as I'm aware, re-installs can place your server onto a different machine (hence the IP change) in order to load balance and keep everything running smoothly. My server IP also changed a couple times after re-installing.

• Another Database error. As soon as the server got populated it corrupted after this morning's restart.

I appreciate Nitrado will gift the days back but this instability is not worth the hassle I'm afraid to say. Shame as the server hosting seems less laggy than with the other provider.

• Another Database error. As soon as the server got populated it corrupted after this morning's restart.

I appreciate Nitrado will gift the days back but this instability is not worth the hassle I'm afraid to say. Shame as the server hosting seems less laggy than with the other provider.

Hi Chef,

Sorry to hear you're getting further database errors and I do appreciate how frustrating this may be (I was in the same position myself not so long ago).

By populated do you mean just a couple of players or a full server?

Can you please raise a ticket to support and include the database errors you are seeing in the logs, along with any replications steps or information you can provide around this issue (more detail the better): Gameserver Support | nitrado.net

Support have access to your server (whereas us Mods don't) so they may be able to spot the problem on the back end and fix it for you, or they could possibly delete your current package and set you up from scratch which I recall is what they have done for a few forum users who had this issue previously.

Kind regards,

crypt0