Server setting MaxAlliancesPerTribe=1

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado
  • Afternoon people.

I have used a whole day trying to figure this out by myself, but honestly couldn't find any other thread like this or a solution.

So situation is we want our server to have one alliance with one tribe. So basicly it would be:

gameusersettings.ini

PreventOfflinePvP=False

PreventTribeAlliances=False

game.ini

MaxAlliancesPerTribe=1

MaxTribesPerAlliance=2

This is not working. It lets us to create an alliance, invite a tribe to it, but the other tribe doesn't join it even after accepting the invitation.

We tried it with

gameusersettings.ini

PreventOfflinePvP=False

PreventTribeAlliances=False

game.ini

MaxAlliancesPerTribe=2

MaxTribesPerAlliance=2

Which works, but ends up tribe being able to create 2 alliances, both with two tribes in them which is not what we are looking for.

So this option works perfectly by the logic as it should.

Anything we can do to make just 1 alliance with 2 tribes in it?

I'm using expert settings and I've checked the general tab for overlaps.

Thank you in advance.

-Daeora

• No, it will not. I will explain why. Most look at this as 1 alliance between 2 tribes. That is not how the code see's it and explain why the one way it does one. When you ally with a tribe, it is really 2. You are ally to them and they are allied to you. 1+1=2. They are treated as 2 alliances.