Need help with MM and SM

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado
  • Hello there, i recently started renting the server on nitrado for left 4 dead 2.

When i went to addons, it said: sourcemod + Metamod followed by an install button.

So i went and clicked the install button, restarted the server, and played the game.

But sadly there was nothing there.... sm_admin command didn't work....

What i actually want is: when i am in a game, on the server i rent, i want to be able to kick people, teleport people, ban people etc via commands... because of all the teamkillers..

Can anyone help me out with this? (I am new to servers, but i am an IT student so it shouldn't be too hard following your instructions)

Thanks already :)

• Get a RCON tool (like HLSW) and connect it to your server or join your server and open the console.

Execute the following commands and see what the result is.

Code
    1. sm

and

Code
    1. meta

If any of those gets you an error, its not installed correctly. if meta is recognized, only sourcemod is not installed correctly.

No support via PM.

Important: Mods here in the forum do not have access to your services. If we advise you to contact the support, you have to create a ticket or call them. There is nothing we can do.

• When i click connect when i entered my server, with the HLSW tool, it said: Can't excecute steam.exe.. gotta set the right game directory.. which i did..

still not working. Do u know why?`

Edit; Ingame command line meta works, sm doesn't.

• There you go, sourcemod is either not installed or the version is outdated.

I'd suggest you install both manually. Download the files from the following page. (use the linux downloads)

Metamod:Source - Snapshots

SourceMod: Half-Life 2 Scripting

Follow the wiki for the installation. You can skip the parts where the VDF file is generated or uploaded.

Sourcemod - Nitradopedia EN

No support via PM.

Important: Mods here in the forum do not have access to your services. If we advise you to contact the support, you have to create a ticket or call them. There is nothing we can do.