How to stop other people going on my server?

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Hi All,

I'm a total noob at this so be kind! I rented an Ark server for me & my friends playing through Epic, but random people keep coming on to it & I want to stop them.

I tried putting in a password but my players all got an error message saying something about 'password blank' & it wouldn't let them on.

I've tried adding them to the exclusive join list using their Ark IDs & their Epic IDs but it wouldn't allow them access. I don't know if I'm putting the right thing in the list field as there's very little information about what to enter there, maybe I'm formatting it wrong - I tried a list with commas, putting each name on a separate line, none of it works.

I'm getting pretty frustrated with it, the only reason I paid for it is so we could play alone so at the moment I'm kind of regretting spending the money!

Any help much appreciated.

• You can password protect your ark server as long as it is a single map (not cross ark). There is Nitrado help - do a web search - but it basically states:

To password protect an ARK: Survival Evolved server, the following steps are necessary:

• Open the Gameserver's Webinterface
    • Navigate to the "Settings" section
    • Enter a desired password in the field labeled "Server Password"

ARK settings gamepassword.png

• Save the performed settings
    • Restart the Gameserver

The server now starts protected by the defined password. You are still able to connect to your server, but you'd need to enter a password now.