SCUM Servers - An Update

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado
  • Mekki John_Baumb - Is it possible for you guys to make the Player Login Logs available to view on the web portal?

I (along with many others) use the SCUM Admin Helper Tool (created by a reputable SCUM community member but its been acknowledged and promoted by the SCUM Devs in one of their patch notes, I'm also the assigned English translator for this tool too), and in order to add players into to the SAH tool you need to import the content of the player login logs from the server (otherwise you have to enter each username and steam64id in manually which is a PITA).

As there's no RCON functionality at the moment the player list has to be added manually to SAH until then.

A competitor has made this log available to view in their control panel so hoping you can do the same as its a good log to be able to view anyway.

Kind regards,

crypt0ninja

Would also be cool if you could get Nitrado's own Server List page working correctly with the SCUM servers, to display the correct game port, no. players online on the server etc.

As Nitrado's server listing is not working with SCUM servers atm I cant utilize the generated banners :( :P

Not a priority mind, fix the more important issues first.

• It looks like some time was added back to the runtime for my server. Thank you Nitrado, you did the right thing.

Just noticed the same myself. Good going Nitrado!

Servers playable and configurable now so i'm happy. Not had any database errors or missing items etc. in a couple days now either so I'm confident to say its looking good.

Look forward to updates/fixes on the other slight issues!

• Update 4:

Additional time has been added to all SCUM server owners to ensure no paid time was lost.

Working closely with Gampires we have now resolved several of the key issues. We will continue to work diligently to ensure the servers are functioning to the high standards you expect from us.

We want to thank you for your patience with us, your input, contribution and the trust that we would get it fixed!

If you’re still experiencing Database Operation Failed! Please reinstall the server via the webinterface to fix that issue.

If you have an open ticket regarding your server, we would kindly ask you to close it unless your issue is still occurring, someone from our support team will get back to you soon!

• Every day naked spawning, no gear, my crates disappear ... every day the same.

Have you tried all the recommended steps?

I'd start with re-installing if I were you.

Im having 0 issues with my server at the moment, the start was a disaster but all good now.

PM me if you need a hand getting up and running.

• I did have the database error aswell , at first i tried re-installing the server it didn't worked yet but after the third reset everything seemed to resolve itself , now i have no more errors , all settings are working and a server reset does not spawn me naked anymore , i can say that i am quite happy with the nitrado team putting everything in it to resolve this.

Mekki , sorry for the high standards that we have , but would you rather have players joining the concurention that have those settings and logs available? I know this might be alot but ensure you when its all fixed you will have plenty of players renting from nitrado. Other than that you guys already did a great job as did the community as they did not gave up on nitrado but instead helped out. You dont see that alot tho...

I agree with crypt0ninja for the player logins logs , it would make an admins life so much easier when you're able to check everything , also this option would allow me to create custom welcomemessages making the server even more attractive.

Still looking for any errors will keep you updated if i find one

• i ask for a refund i got it bk to nitrado accound but cant get it back to my paypal or bank thanks nirtado for stealing my money n9ot testing before realese and false promisiss and way to long response if any at all

ill my info was passed on to gameempires i want my refund plz

• If you want a full refund to your bank account or what ever other payment method you have used, you should have mentioned it in the support request.

No support via PM.

Important: Mods here in the forum do not have access to your services. If we advise you to contact the support, you have to create a ticket or call them. There is nothing we can do.

• I still have the database failure error. 2 days ago all was finde. Today I changed some settings and created a new character and got the error. I then reinstalled the server, changed the name in settings and saved + restarted. Still database error. I then clicked all the x in the settings as I thought this are the nitrade recommeded values and restarted. Still database error. Anything more I could try or can do?

scum.log says dozens of

Code
    1. [2020.06.20-13.06.34:103][486]LogDatabase: Error: database corruption at line 66430 of [fc82b73eaa] (11)
    2. [2020.06.20-13.06.34:104][486]LogDatabase: Error: database disk image is malformed in "SELECT id FROM map WHERE name = ?1" (11)
    3. [2020.06.20-13.06.34:104][486]LogDatabase: Error: Failed to prepare statement 'SELECT id FROM map WHERE name = ?1' with error: 'database disk image is malformed'
    4. [2020.06.20-13.06.34:104][486]LogDatabase: Error: database corruption at line 66430 of [fc82b73eaa] (11)
    5. [2020.06.20-13.06.34:105][486]LogDatabase: Error: database disk image is malformed in "INSERT INTO map(name) VALUES(?1)" (11)
    6. [2020.06.20-13.06.34:105][486]LogDatabase: Error: Failed to prepare statement 'INSERT INTO map(name) VALUES(?1)' with error: 'database disk image is malformed'
    7. [2020.06.20-13.06.34:105][486]LogDatabase: Error: database corruption at line 66430 of [fc82b73eaa] (11)
    8. [2020.06.20-13.06.34:105][486]LogDatabase: Error: database disk image is malformed in "INSERT OR IGNORE INTO vehicle_spawner(id) VALUES(?1)" (11)
    9. [2020.06.20-13.06.34:106][486]LogDatabase: Error: Failed to prepare statement 'INSERT OR IGNORE INTO vehicle_spawner(id) VALUES(?1)' with error: 'database disk image is malformed'

Edit2: just contacted support and he suggested to get a new server and canceled the current one. So with this fresh install it should work.

So it might be a good option to switch to another server and switch back to scum as a new install inside webpanel seems to not install anything fresh.

Thanks nitrado. Now we just need an option to save the database without extensive sql knowledge to just get the needed tables.

• Drakexz

MODERATOR i did buddy very clearly ?

Well, then please reply again to the ticket, maybe it was only a misunderstanding.

No support via PM.

Important: Mods here in the forum do not have access to your services. If we advise you to contact the support, you have to create a ticket or call them. There is nothing we can do.

• I have tried changing the start time in my interface and also in the ini file, but the server still restarts at whatever time it was before restart. Am I using the incorrect format?

"StartTimeOfTheDay=10"

Also the darkness intensity multiplier will not allow settings over 1 and I would like my server lighter at night so please change the limitations to allow a higher setting. You know, freedom to do what I want on my own private server type deal. =o)

• Installed freshly about 2 hours ago and no crashes of the sort.

What did happen was my wooden storage box filled with loot disapeared after about 5 minutes !!!

The tooltip says: Expires in 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds and it stays like that and also cant "maintain" both shelter and bonfire ?

Also at the admin.ini file what do i need to type after the line 1. ?

Just my name of the character and reboot server or do i need to type some other lines ? really confusing what to type there :P

No errors so far lets hope it remains this way <3

• The AdminUsers.ini file should contain the steam64id of each admin (per line).

• i ask for a refund i got it bk to nitrado accound but cant get it back to my paypal or bank thanks nirtado for stealing my money n9ot testing before realese and false promisiss and way to long response if any at all

ill my info was passed on to gameempires i want my refund plz

Drakexz

MODERATOR i did buddy very clearly ?

If you also asked for the server to be cancelled right away, they will have refunded the full amount to your Credit Balance (Otherwise the credit to be refunded goes poof). Leave it there while the refund is pending. :) They will have let you know how long refunds can take to be processed in their response.

Also if you have submitted any additional tickets regarding the refund, please close them and stick to the original ticket otherwise it gets confusing for support and takes a bit longer.

I have tried changing the start time in my interface and also in the ini file, but the server still restarts at whatever time it was before restart. Am I using the incorrect format?

"StartTimeOfTheDay=10"

Also the darkness intensity multiplier will not allow settings over 1 and I would like my server lighter at night so please change the limitations to allow a higher setting. You know, freedom to do what I want on my own private server type deal. =o)

Unsure on the Start Time Of The Day, is this just for new saves or everytime the server is turned on?

What setting should it be as a max for Darkness intensity multiplier? Suggestions I can pass along? :)

• Is there a way to see the chat log or logins?

I've requested for the player login logs to be available in one of my previous posts.

Shouldn't be an issue i'm sure they will get around to it.

Mekki  John_Baumb can you confirm if this has been noted?

• I normally set the darkness intensity multiplier to 2.5-3.0 range. Never tested the upper limits to see what it looks like. Maybe a limit of 50 wouldn't hurt.