SCUM Servers - An Update

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Server remained in a stable state overnight. Auto-restart occurred at 0600 without error. I made an edit to the config file at 0900 and restarted the server again. Server remains stable which suggests no other actions are causing the errors to flair up other than interactions with storage prior to a restart.

Not sure if it is helping but I'm using one line different to that of John's config. Instead of:

I'm using:

Like I said, it might not be helping but it doesn't seem to be having any negative effect.

• I've been avoiding server restarts because of this issue with losing items.

I have made a change to the server after logging out, and restarted the server lost a newly built storage shelf. Not cool. Is there any eta on the admin side of things yet? Mekki

I also experienced some other delayed issues. For instance got killed by a zombie with a bomb. Logged out logged back in after 30 minutes i was alive and back where i was before the zombie killed me a few blocks away in the city. Hehe gues i missed that death back to the future ...

• I am having difficulty with this whole process. I am currently running a server on the competitor company and was excited to see the release to a new hosting company. This has been a nightmare. I am having the following issues. I understand that Nitrado is working on the issue. This is my first server with this company. Mostly I host my own inhouse, unfortunately this is the only one we play and cannot at this time.

Logging out and logging back in:

=>Items in Vehicle are removed and missing.

=>Player sometimes is in a previous location and not where he was logged.

Server restarts:

=>Player sometimes is in a previous location and not where he was logged.

=>Items in Vehicle are removed and missing.

=>Storage chests created are removed and missing.

I have reinstalled the server, Today I am reinstalling it again. Is there an Update from Nitrado that will give us a rough timeline on this issue resolution. Does Everyone need to create a ticket for every one having the same issues? From what I am reading and how I understand the settings in using both hosting companies, I am having great difficulty in transferring my small amount of users to this platform.

• Same issues as we have all reported my friend.

Seems to be a waiting game, John was very helpful yesterday but Nitrado are staying fairly quiet on this issue overall.

• Meanwhile we've paid money for a service that isn't working as intended. I've asked for credit twice and they have either sidestepped the inquiry or not answered.

• Agree with this, when i asked about free rental time for the inconvenience I was told that they had reset the runtime on my server and that was pretty much it, but still in the meantime we have major issues still going on resulting in an unplayable server.

• Hey guys,

It is very frustrating to have these issues and we all expect things to work if we pay money for them but if you deal with software and IT services professionally, you should understand that this is almost always how it works. The test environments don't work the same way actual go live events do and rarely is the product ready when they decide to put it on the market. It's not the technical workers or developers who cause the problems, it's usually the management pushing deadlines to get to the money making part. I work for a government agency and our software (3rd party private company) still doesn't work correctly 2 1/2 years after go live.

Also understand that Nitrado is based in Germany so their time zone may be different than yours. I have run servers here in the past for Arma2 Dayz Epoch and Empyrion Galactic survival and they ran very well, the customer service is slow but they will get to you eventually and my experience is that they will take care of the issues. I also hope that they will give us extensions of our server time lost due to their technical issues but I do not believe they are obligated to. Please be patient. Their pricing is much better in my opinion than the competition and the fact that they use SSD's and have dedicated ram says to me the end product will be worth the wait.

Respectfully,

B

OK we need an update please!

• Looks like Ill give you all an update on what I've noticed since we've not received anything for a while.

I can see the devs updating the web portal to include the ini files for the admin lists etc.

You can see these on the config files page.

Testing admin now....

EDIT: Admin works! :) Would like an update on the database errors though!

• Oh thank god so am I in the clear to repurchase? and follow the steps that the admin quoted?

Use the configuration posted by John (as per his instructions) and do not use the general settings page to edit any settings otherwise it destroys the structure of the ServerSettings.ini file (Nitrado need to fix this).

You can now use the config files page on the portal to add admins to the AdminUsers.ini file (steam64id to be entered per line).

We were having issues with database errors, items going missing etc so I'm just testing now to see if these issues still exist or if they have been fixed.

I wouldn't purchase until Nitrado officially confirm that the issues have been fixed tbh.

EDIT: I just crafted and spawned some items to store in loot boxes etc, restarted the server and it spawned me back in at the point where I left off which is a good sign. Nothing missing either. Can anyone else confirm?

• Oh thank god so am I in the clear to repurchase? and follow the steps that the admin quoted?

EDIT: I just crafted and spawned some items to store in loot boxes etc, restarted the server and it spawned me back in at the point where I left off which is a good sign. Nothing missing either. Can anyone else confirm?

I test it too - unfortunatly - I built a wooden-chest- after restart the server it was gone :( ..... .I will test it again if is twice

I test it too - unfortunatly - I built a wooden-chest- after restart the server it was gone :( ..... .I will test it again if is twice

I re-installed my server before testing, did you do the same?

• I test it too - unfortunatly - I built a wooden-chest- after restart the server it was gone :( ..... .I will test it again if is twice

I re-installed my server before testing, did you do the same?

Yes - I do this .... actual I test it again with a scound char - maybe here is the bug ?
    also - and have check the vehicles - at 2 of them - was not ready. So I destroy it

After test this - I will reinstall the server again - hope this works :)