SCUM Servers - An Update

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • It seems, upon restarting, the save state is reverting to an old state, not the most recent. After reinstalling the server, i followed the steps listed by support. Played for about 10 minutes, then restarted the server and updated some settings. After the restart i logged back in and loaded in a state that was far earlier then when i restarted the server. I tried this multiple times, with each restart it reverts to the first save state, no matter how much additional time is played.

I just restarted mine and when loading back in it didn't revert back to the first save but I also didn't load back into the exact same spot as where I left, seems like its slightly behind...

• A player on my server just said this to me, "vehicles update 7 atvs 5 tractors 4 truchs 2 jeeps" at his base, so I don't think that's an issue, at least on mine, if anyone else could confirm that'd be great.

Many answers to frequently asked questions, such as how to connect,
    how to login to admin, and many others are available on our
    Nitradopedia Wiki Page.

• Guys, is anyone else having vehicle spawn issues? I haven't seen a truck yet and have seen many police cars and tractors, with a few 4 wheelers. What is that all about?

No issues with vehicle spawns on mine, we currently have a tractor and pickup truck as I type this :)

What have you set the max vehicles to in the ServerSettings.ini?

Set:

MaxAllowedVehiclesInWorld=100

I think the max value may actually be 64 for the above at the moment, but I have it set to 100 and vehicles everywhere lol

• So even when you have it set at 64 (and then server restarted afterwards), you are not finding any vehicles?

I think the default setting was 600 or something. I thought it would remove everything after vehicle 64 when I saved and restarted.

The true default setting for max vehicles is not 600, that's Nitrado's mistake lol I'm not 100% sure but I was under the impression that the value was limited to a max of 100 for max vehicles, but only 64 vehicles would spawn anyway (until the devs further increase the limits).

• I'm finding vehicles, just no trucks, mostly Police vehicles and tractors. a few ATV's. I thought it might be a glitch but it's probably just

weird RNG. It will be nice when we can use admin commands to look for sure.

Ah I'm sure you will find the trucks soon :) As the vehicles are spawning I suspect there probably is no issue.

• Just done testing on my server and agree with you on this one.

Didn't have this issue with a competitor so I'm sure Nitrado can easily fix this one. Hopefully once they receive a response back from the Devs then all issued will be fixed!

• Took a break and then went back in to the game to find I spawned in with zero clothing or backpack. Nothing had changed and the server hadn't restarted but I guess because my restart corrupted the database, further issues are now being experienced each time I log back in.

• Took a break and then went back in to the game to find I spawned in with zero clothing or backpack. Nothing had changed and the server hadn't restarted but I guess because my restart corrupted the database, further issues are now being experienced each time I log back in.

I'm not having any issues with clothing or gear going missing, but I can confirm that when rebooting its either not loading back into the current save state or the frequency of save states is too spread out, or if theres a way to instruct the server to create a save state at the point of reboot, that would resolve the issue.

Ill carry out a few restarts to see if I end up in the same situation as you and report back.

• The following corruption is what in the log file.

I'm going to reinstall the server again, this time I won't interact with the any storage for 30 minutes, restart the server and see if anything bad occurs.

• I can confirm I am also seeing similar database errors, likely linked to the same root cause:

[2020.06.15-12.13.04:255][217]LogDatabase: Error: database corruption at line 69607 of [fc82b73eaa] (11)

[2020.06.15-12.13.04:255][217]LogDatabase: Error: statement aborts at 21: [UPDATE vehicle SET location_x=?2, location_y=?3, location_z=?4, rotation_pitch=?5, rotation_yaw=?6, rotation_roll=?7, damage=?8, last_access_time=?9, item_container_xml=?10, save_time= (11)

[2020.06.15-12.13.04:256][217]LogDatabase: Error: FDbStatement::Step() failed with error: 'database disk image is malformed'

• Looks like I had a successful restart with no database errors in the logfile after no interactions for 30 minutes prior. I'm going to give it another restart on the hour mark (still with no interactions) just to make sure. If successful, I guess the workaround will be to set auto-restarts at 4am or whenever the server is likely to be empty.

• Second restart was successful. Log file reports no errors.

Next test is to interact with a crate created before the first restart, wait 30 minutes and will then restart for a third time. This will check whether "interacting regardless of time before a restart" is causing any errors, or if time is the mitigating factor.

• Mine hasn't been restarted for more than 24 hours so it may be useful for them to watch for changes as it restarts.

Many answers to frequently asked questions, such as how to connect,
    how to login to admin, and many others are available on our
    Nitradopedia Wiki Page.

• Hi John_Baumb

Sorry no I haven't. I just cut and pasted directly into this thread the section of the log file that had the errors. I'll make sure I have full copies hereon in.

Third restart was successful. So it seems errors are occurring purely because of any interactions with storage containers 10-30 minutes prior to a restart.

I'm offline now until tomorrow but will pick up this thread and any progress between now and then.

• Hey guys, my server restarted several times while I was at work today and it's not set to do that. Two of the new cabinet containers full of loot disappeared. Also, when I restart, it is ignoring my restart time of day setting. Hope this info helps.