SCUM Servers - An Update

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • There's some new settings in the ini file I've not seen before.

I've reinstalled my server and will test again but one issue that still isn't fixed is where players are after a server restart. They seem to be 15 minutes into the past which was happening before this new ini file was in use. Is this a server setting or a database issue?

• The naked characters are the ones that were created prior to database failure. When the database fails, you can continue to use characters that were created before the failure but they will be naked and have wrong stats, and you wont be able to create any new characters as you will receive the error.

• The naked characters are the ones that were created prior to database failure. When the database fails, you can continue to use characters that were created before the failure but they will be naked and have wrong stats, and you wont be able to create any new characters as you will receive the error.

That sounds about right from what I've experienced. Well put.

• There's definitely a database issue. Character stat progress is being reset or lost somehow, Items are disappearing, etc. This is in no way playable at the moment. They better be issuing credit for the inconvenience.

Yep completely unusable in its current state.

Feel like they are dragging their feet with this one when they should be putting in some serious effort to fix it.

• The requested file or directory could not be found.

That can sometimes be fixed with re-installing the server (however sometimes it takes a few re-install attempts before it works properly again from my experience so not sure whats going on there).

I have just received a response to my ticket from Support basically just saying the database error can be fixed with a re-install. Yes it sometimes can however the majority of these issues are occuring (and re-occuring) due to Nitrados faulty management of the ServerSettings.ini file.

I do not feel like we are being listened to.

Im happy to work closely with one of the devs/techs for some fixing and testing to get this resolved for everyone.

• I believe I have responded to both of you, Gleneston, your new service does not have that error message.

I can confirm we are making good progress everyone :)

John has assisted in getting my server in a good state by providing a new ServerSettings.ini layout to test.

It looks like the server settings are applying correctly now, no database error and I'm finally getting the WelcomeMessage and MOTD messages appearing in-game with the new file whereas they would never appear before.

I'm testing out my server as much as possible right now and will report back with any issues.

Still awaiting the implementation of the Lists for Admins etc. though.

• In addition to the above, in the meantime DO NOT use the General settings page to edit the server settings.

Instead, navigate to Config files page and edit/save your server settings from there.

• Thanks for the work guys. Do you have a workaround for the admin privileges problem?

Not at the moment, however it does seem that the Nitrado team are aware and trying to get the lists implemented ASAP.

Doesn't excuse the fact that all of this should have been readily available from the start, but they are working on it now.

John_Baumb just please keep us customers frequently updated as that's the least we expect right now. Appreciate that you have been very helpful today and have been swiftly responding to get us up and running :thumbup:

• Are we able to edit any of the text / settings you provided above before pasting into files config area or will this cause issues?

Thank you for the assitance.

• Yes you can edit them to your liking before pasting into the config area :)

• Yes, just keep the structure the same, you can add additional settings you find, just keep them under the correct parent (ex. ServerName= under [SCUM] and WelcomeMessage= under [SCUM.ServerMessages])

Many answers to frequently asked questions, such as how to connect,
    how to login to admin, and many others are available on our
    Nitradopedia Wiki Page.

• It seems, upon restarting, the save state is reverting to an old state, not the most recent. After reinstalling the server, i followed the steps listed by support. Played for about 10 minutes, then restarted the server and updated some settings. After the restart i logged back in and loaded in a state that was far earlier then when i restarted the server. I tried this multiple times, with each restart it reverts to the first save state, no matter how much additional time is played.