Lag/Performance question.

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Hello,

I have rented a 64 person server and I am experiencing terrible lag & performance even when there are as few as 2 - 5 people on. The server is supposed to be NA-East near Florida and we have guys in Florida playing and they are experiencing terrible lag. A couple of questions for other customers:

1) How many slots & how much ram does your server have? I'm running a 64 slot server and they only provided me with 4 gigs of ram. The server is consuming about 3.8 gigs.

2) What does your CPU usage sit at? I am hitting 55 - 60% CPU usage with 1 - 7 people online.

I am starting to think that Nitrado is selling a single hosting package and just increasing the slot count but not the available resources. I have to say, one of the worst companies in the game hosting business I have ever come across and I would never choose to do business here if there were any alternative.

• To get a more precise inquiry, please contact Nitrado Support.

But from what I know and experience is the server has SW detection on the resources. If a certain threshold is met, the game/account moves to other HW.

55-60% is normal. I would be more worried at 80%+. But again, contact Nitrado Support for a better answer. I can only shed the light on personal experience as a customer.

Also note this is a new game and still being tested. Nitrado provides servers on the recommendation by the Devs. I am sure this is done before, during and after testing/deployment.

• DOAGEN

Changed the title of the thread from “Lag / Performance Poll” to “Lag/Performance question.”.
  • I agree he says contact support but they don't tell you anything. Support is no help at all, they just give you the same automatic response. As for cpu usage my was hitting 100% Only took them 2 week to fix. Server was down for several days and don't even offer to at least extend my service for the time it was down. Server stills crashes all the time but at least now it don't take 3 hours to start up or should i say at least it starts up. I took 4 days from last response from support till when they responded with its working now. It shouldn't take 4 days. I can understand things happen and sometimes things get backup, but if it take up to 3 to 4 days something needs to change or they are going to lose all there customers.