How does Conan Exiles server work with dlc?

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • My apologies for making more than one thread, but no one is asking the questions i need answers for.

I am interested in picking up a some DLC before i purchase the server. The question is that i can only afford a few pieces of dlc right now and am interested in adding more when there is a sale. So i would like to know 2 things about how DLC's work with a server.

1. Does everyone who wishes to join the server need to own the same DLC? This is very important for me to figure out before i create the server because i don't want to find out that people can't join me because they lack the DLC.

2. i would like to know if i do acquire more dlc later, if i will be able to use the new stuff on the server. This isn't as important as the first because the dlc i plan to get later on a just for more flavor and not that important if it can't be used, but it would still be nice to know. Of course if the first isn't possible, then this one is meaningless.

Thank you for your previous help <3, and i do look forward to setting up my server which i plan to do this coming week. :D

• you don't need an DLC to run or join a server. it is only if you buy an dlc you can build that kind of building pieces or decoration. so if you have an dlc and youre friend not then you can build that dlc pieces and he can't because he can't place them. if you wanna have more dlc's in the future it still is not effecting the server ;) you can just install them on youre steam and then you can use them in youre own server or private or in another server ;)