Patch on Experimental 12

• Hello. I recently got an Empyrion server which I have installed as experimental 12. This morning there was a patch to the game through Steam. How do I update my server to the latest patch? I see nothing on the control panel about updates.

Also, regarding the more long term; when experimental 12 gets released, will I be able to update the server without a wipe? That is really why we are playing on the experimental branch. They were clear in their patch notes that said you will need to wipe coming from Alpha 11 to 12.

• I'm having the same issue with a server I just setup the other day. It installed at 12.4.0 which is causing a version mismatch with the new 12.4.1 update that came out this morning. I have a ticket open with support and they are looking into the issue.

In theory, you should be able to continue playing when A12 gets released to mainline early access. You're already playing in A12 so it's just a matter of making sure that the correct bits are being run on your server. My plan when A12 goes live is to make a backup of our save data and then switch the game from 'Empyrion Experimental' to 'Empyrion' and then restore our data. This would only work as long as there are no more world breaking changes that are introduced for the rest of the A12 lifecycle. Keep in mind that there were changes added today in 12.5.1 that require a fresh start to make them available.

• Hello. I recently got an Empyrion server which I have installed as experimental 12. This morning there was a patch to the game through Steam. How do I update my server to the latest patch? I see nothing on the control panel about updates.

They will update the server files eventually. I know it sucks having to wait on them, but there is very little we can do right now. They are also probably running on lower manning due to COVID as well, so updates are likely to take longer.

• I seemed to find a work around that involves setting up your own server. You can download the save file from the web interface and place it into your own saves folder. This will allow you to run the server through your own computer. I imagine that once Nitrado updates the servers, you can do the same process in reverse to put the file back. Not sure how it will work out in the end, but it's an option if you want to play now.

• Very disappointed, 7 meg patch shouldn't take that long to get out to everyone. At the least Nitrado should give an announcement if the patch is released for the servers or not, and the approximate time to download.

As it is now, I have no idea if I need to have the server running or down or what. Not like we can connect to it anyway. At this point we're all paying for something we can't even use while other hosting sites allow you to manually apply the patch.

• I did a live chat early this morning and according to the rep they do indeed need to wait for the server files from the dev. No time frame was given but the rep did say that once the update is available all we have to do is restart our server and the files should automatically patch. He also mentioned that if we start to see other server hosts with the new files but our servers won't update then we should submit a support ticket.

I figure i'll give it a full day and if it's not resolved by some time tomorrow afternoon then i'll send in a ticket.

• I did a live chat early this morning and according to the rep they do indeed need to wait for the server files from the dev.

If that's the case how are any other servers running the current version? The files to run a dedicated server have been loaded on everyone's machine - but there's little I can do to change Nitrado without uploading the entire folder (gigs of data). I tried uploading what appeared to have changed but I couldn't get the version number to change so I could connect.

Completely reinstalling the server will still give you the old version - Nitrado just hasn't taken the time to update, for whatever reason. If that's someone pushing a button to give approval or configuring something on their end, who knows? We're all in the dark.

• Just simply relaying what I was told. I also agree that it seems a little ridiculous to have to wait when the files are already out there and in use. But hey we're at their mercy at this point so nothing more we can do except wait. This experience alone has been enough for me to reconsider renewing after my 30 days are up. A different server hosting company i used in the past for Conan Exiles had a better web interface as well as the option to do immediate Steam updates. I thought I could save money w/ Nitrado but now I'm second guessing switching.

• What host is that Edge? I'd be happy to jump ship as well if i could work out how to grab my save data from this server. Any idea how?

You can pull your files from ftp, I recommend Filezilla. I can help you set it up and get your files if you want, send me a PM - it'd be easier to talk through discord or something. I think though they finally added the ability to download files from your server controls page, so it's a bit unnecessary but I always prefer an ftp program.

• Well at least Nitrado has added something as an explanation on the server page:

Alpha 12 information:

Currently the update is not yet available for Dedicated Servers, the developers have announced on the official site that there are still issues that need to be resolved before the update is released.

Alpha 12 information:

Currently the update is not yet available for Dedicated Servers, the developers have announced on the official site that there are still issues that need to be resolved before the update is released.

Do we know what the information about Alpha 12 means? The dedicated server for Alpha 12 was held back until 12.4.0, but it was released to Steam experimental earlier this week, and has been updated to 12.4.1, and 12.4.2. I'm wondering if the quote is referring to the delay of the A12 dedicated server, but it has clearly been released to steam and there are 12.4.2 servers running in the wild. I was even able to pull down 12.4.1 last night and ran it locally on my PC and was able to run it. Perhaps there's an issue with 12.4.2 but that doesn't explain why 12.4.1 was completely missed as well.

3rjXLzr.png