Quality resources

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • I think I've found that you need to go near to the quality resources once to make start "growing". Perhaps the server randomises quality the first time someone goes close enough to make them render.

If you are using more than one map, the quality doesn't go up while a map is offline, only when it is the active one. That includes if your server is actually off, or you are just set to another map.

• I think I've found that you need to go near to the quality resources once to make start "growing". Perhaps the server randomises quality the first time someone goes close enough to make them render.

If you are using more than one map, the quality doesn't go up while a map is offline, only when it is the active one. That includes if your server is actually off, or you are just set to another map.

Yea that's the only way I can get the resources to go up in quality is if I'm standing near them. Ones I have marked across the map when I go back to them a few hours later (6-12) they are the same quality as when I found them. The ones I sit there and baby sit go up in quality. I'm on the same map. I tested it last night, found a group of level 30 trees, they were (30 65+). Logged out for the night logged back in today 11 hours later and they were still level 30.

Yea that's the only way I can get the resources to go up in quality is if I'm standing near them. Ones I have marked across the map when I go back to them a few hours later (6-12) they are the same quality as when I found them. The ones I sit there and baby sit go up in quality. I'm on the same map. I tested it last night, found a group of level 30 trees, they were (30 65+). Logged out for the night logged back in today 11 hours later and they were still level 30.

Did you try dropping something buildable next to them ? like a clan flag or a wood foundation ? i know this may sound silly, but i will try it later :D

• The higher quality harvesting tool you use the higher quality material you can harvest. If a material appears as 10/10 the highest it will ever give is quality level 10. That is only if your harvesting tool is quality 10 or higher. After harvested the average (unchanged) respawn time Is typically around 24 hours for it to reach its max quality level again. If an unharvested material quality is displayed as 5/10 then it needs more time to mature to its full quality potential. What the max quality a resource can be is typically random. I hope this helps.

• We have no issue with quality on our server. I haven't done anything special in the setup but they mature just fine without people being around them. I know that's not helpful, however. I think if it doesn't come right you'd have to try and get a hold of donkey crew to see if they can help. Nitrado cannot I am sure.

• I haven't had any problems with resources going up on my server either. I never had to stay around them. Sometimes i found the quality resources stop re spawning and hasn't reappear back up, even days later and sometimes they moved in relationship to the terrain. Like trees i harvested near large bolder were now inside it.

• I seem to be getting different behaviour on different maps. On my hard map the resources grow in quality all the time the map is active (whether I'm online or not), but in my CanyonB medium map they stop growing when I'm not online. Everything was at 56 quality when I logged off around 12 hours ago & was still exactly the same when I checked this morning.

• when I first started up our map, somebody had to walk near a node to get it started. Now that the map has been online a few days, its behaving normally. It makes sense that a sub area of the map isn't initialized until somebody goes there (servers often avoid processing empty areas to save resources and then rapidly catch that area up when somebody enters)

• I have my foliage re spawn set at 10X and it does not seem to effect the quality level up speed, I am having trees gain one level about every 10 mins, anyone found a way to make them level faster?

I have tried 10x and .5 for foliage respawn rates and both go up a 1 quality level per 10 minutes. the normal rate is 1 level per 10 mins in mmo game. any ideas on a faster respawn rate for foilage? I am guessing this rate is only how quickly a used tree returns after it disappears instead of how quickly the quality returns.

• Related to nodes needing a nearby visit to get initialized, it seems like at least on the CanyonB map this needs to happen after any server restart, not just one initial time. On our hard map it had kind of seemed like the initial visit was good enough, but we also tended to drive all over it more, and a further complication is that we had changed our automated restart schedule when we swapped in the CanyonB map.

But it is very much seeming to us that at least for CanyonB quality advancement needs to get reinitialized after every server restart (even 'minor' restarts when we got booted and it took a few minutes to get back ingame but no restart listing actually appeared in our restart logs).

• Related to nodes needing a nearby visit to get initialized, it seems like at least on the CanyonB map this needs to happen after any server restart, not just one initial time. On our hard map it had kind of seemed like the initial visit was good enough, but we also tended to drive all over it more, and a further complication is that we had changed our automated restart schedule when we swapped in the CanyonB map.

But it is very much seeming to us that at least for CanyonB quality advancement needs to get reinitialized after every server restart (even 'minor' restarts when we got booted and it took a few minutes to get back ingame but no restart listing actually appeared in our restart logs).

I do not suffer from this problem, however i drop a light foundation piece at each level 80+ resource (to mark it on map), these regen normally even if i do not log onto the server at all for 48 hours to let them grow (just me on server learning this stuff)