So you just got an email saying your server was installed... now what?
First off, two very important from what I experienced:
This is being posted as to help others going through their initial setup.
A) No other game, to my knowledge, does servers the way last Oasis does. It's NOT NORMAL
B) Because of (A) There's actually very little Nitrado can do. They're almost as powerless as you. They're pretty much just providing you hardware, and upgrading the base config. They can't expose any settings because Donkey Crew didn't make the game so that they can
So.. How to get things working (and where things can fall off along the way)
1) Once you have a server, it will probably be stuck Starting or Restarting. This is because it doesn't have a Key to contact Donkey Crew's Management Plane. Where can you get the Key? go to myrealm.lastoasis.gg
2) If myrealm.lastoasis.gg says you need a Last Oasis account to access the game, log into last oasis and pull up the community server list. This generates your key. If you don't visit the list, you won't have a key
2a) If myrealm.lastoasis.gg has a 403, that's Donkey Crew's problem. Bug them. It happened this morning but seems to be coming back up.
3) copy the key listed on myrealm.lastosis.gg into the settings on Nitrado. Set a server description. Your server will then restart
4) At this point, the server has to wait until Donkey Crew's management plane recognizes it. This can take a long time. I personally restart my server every 10 minutes or so but that may not help
5) Once your server is truly Started and running... head back to myrealm.lastoasis.gg. You will manage literally NOTHING on Nitrado (see A)
6) Create a Realm. A realm is a set of Oases.
7) Set a password. Seriously, RIGHT NOW, set the password. If you don't set one, then anybody who logged into your server can get back in. Even if you don't plan to have one forever, have one for now.
8 ) Create at least one Oasis. You can have up to 5. You CANNOT change them or remove them once created. Donkey Crew will need to give us that ability
9) "Activate" one of your Oases. This pushes it to your Nitrado server, reflecting the map you have selected, and the settings you have set on myrealm
10) Log in and play.
11) At any time, you can activate another oasis. That becomes the current oasis, and everything in the lobby moves. Walkers not in the lobby MIGHT move, I haven't tested. However I do know that structures seem to stay behind.
Want things like: Multiple Oases mode, ability to ban people, ability to change maps? Bug Donkey Crew. Nitrado has limited ability currently until more DEV time between the Partnership.