So you got a server.... now what?

• So you just got an email saying your server was installed... now what?

First off, two very important from what I experienced:

This is being posted as to help others going through their initial setup.

A) No other game, to my knowledge, does servers the way last Oasis does. It's NOT NORMAL

B) Because of (A) There's actually very little Nitrado can do. They're almost as powerless as you. They're pretty much just providing you hardware, and upgrading the base config. They can't expose any settings because Donkey Crew didn't make the game so that they can

So.. How to get things working (and where things can fall off along the way)

1) Once you have a server, it will probably be stuck Starting or Restarting. This is because it doesn't have a Key to contact Donkey Crew's Management Plane. Where can you get the Key? go to myrealm.lastoasis.gg

2) If myrealm.lastoasis.gg says you need a Last Oasis account to access the game, log into last oasis and pull up the community server list. This generates your key. If you don't visit the list, you won't have a key

2a) If myrealm.lastoasis.gg has a 403, that's Donkey Crew's problem. Bug them. It happened this morning but seems to be coming back up.

3) copy the key listed on myrealm.lastosis.gg into the settings on Nitrado. Set a server description. Your server will then restart

4) At this point, the server has to wait until Donkey Crew's management plane recognizes it. This can take a long time. I personally restart my server every 10 minutes or so but that may not help

5) Once your server is truly Started and running... head back to myrealm.lastoasis.gg. You will manage literally NOTHING on Nitrado (see A)

6) Create a Realm. A realm is a set of Oases.

7) Set a password. Seriously, RIGHT NOW, set the password. If you don't set one, then anybody who logged into your server can get back in. Even if you don't plan to have one forever, have one for now.

8 ) Create at least one Oasis. You can have up to 5. You CANNOT change them or remove them once created. Donkey Crew will need to give us that ability

9) "Activate" one of your Oases. This pushes it to your Nitrado server, reflecting the map you have selected, and the settings you have set on myrealm

10) Log in and play.

11) At any time, you can activate another oasis. That becomes the current oasis, and everything in the lobby moves. Walkers not in the lobby MIGHT move, I haven't tested. However I do know that structures seem to stay behind.

Want things like: Multiple Oases mode, ability to ban people, ability to change maps? Bug Donkey Crew. Nitrado has limited ability currently until more DEV time between the Partnership.

• Thankyou for your post, i am a developer, and some of your statements are not quite right, not meaning to post just to be argumentative, just want to clear things up, Nitrado controls the web interface, that is not a donkey crew thing, so removing oasis you do not plan to use and or allowing you to add / remove them at will is a nitrado thing, not a donkey crew thing, in order to play this game to its end on private servers, you need a hard map with the fabricator, or with the one time use respawnable fabricators, there is only 1 map i know of like that, so i had to continue creating my hard oasis , until i got a map with the fabricator.

This means i now have 4 oasis's i will never use as there is no way to get the correct map unless you keep making hard oasis until you get it, now the medium map with the iron asteroid is the exact same way, you cannot advance in the game until you get it, and i am maxed at 5/5 oasises while only using one, this again is not a donkey crew thing, nitrado is in control of that, and when my 30 days are up, and i am unable to advance further in the game because i cannot get the asteroid map, i will no longer pay them, is as simple as that.

• There seems to be a lot of disinformation and disingenuous statements being made. Can Nitrado please confirm who is in control of the Sign In web interface. This is a very important fact as this also means paying customers can easily find who to contact for support and who to request changes from.

Assuming Nitrado are in control of the web interface when can the functionality of deleting an oasis be implemented. This will also feed into the meshing of servers.

• As mentioned in other posts- this is a new game which means it will have very limited access. Once things are released, the Nitrado DEV team will work on updates if applicable.

Atm as mentioned above from ArchSenex is how your experience is. Anyone going through that process will see and relate to whats already mentioned.

The .gg interface is not Nitrado. the nitrado WebUI is Nitrado's. Nitrado DEVs and DK DEVs are working together to may a better experience for everyone.

• thank you Doagen. Just wanted it clear as the post previous to mine was disputing this.

No it was not, he agreed with me

My post

Nitrado controls the web interface, that is not a donkey crew thing, so removing oasis you do not plan to use and or allowing you to add / remove them at will is a nitrado thing

The mods post

The .gg interface is not Nitrado. the nitrado WebUI is Nitrado's.

Same thing i said, so my post was accurate, not disputable.

And i would also like to point out why i am so no nonsense with this server hosting, firstly, i have a ticket into support about the oasis's, no responce yet, my first post here was totally ignored, not even decent enough to post a 30 second reply to me, servers go down with no information from the host at all, seems to me the focus was on the cash grab and not the customers experience, just saying it as i see it

• so removing oasis you do not plan to use and or allowing you to add / remove them at will is a nitrado thing, not a donkey crew thing

This is incorrect. removing oasis IS a Donkey Crew thing. Its on the Sign In which the webinterface link sends you to.

You mention being a developer... of what? cause you total just spoke out of your *** unless you are a part of Donkey Crew you probably shouldnt provide information you know nothing about.

• so removing oasis you do not plan to use and or allowing you to add / remove them at will is a nitrado thing, not a donkey crew thing

This is incorrect. removing oasis IS a Donkey Crew thing. Its on the Sign In which the webinterface link sends you to.

You mention being a developer... of what? cause you total just spoke out of your *** unless you are a part of Donkey Crew you probably shouldnt provide information you know nothing about.

I have just as much right to post as you do, and i am not wrong.

• Let's not go back and forth on who says what please.

The original post is sharing what their experience was, and I agree with that experience as myself is going through the same setup.

The fact is, over time this post will be out of date cause it will change with every update.

I will delete any post that detours from the original post as a warning.

Lets focus back on the original information provided as it is on a Community members experience as they had. Thank you.

• you do have every right to post, however please be careful about spreading misinformation as this can cause confusion to your fellow hosts.

The crux of the matter is that It is really important Donkey Crew take responsibility for this mess they have created by their own volition.

• You are correct, i do apologize.

• One thing to add to this, earlier today I was on the Last Oasis official discord and reported to their CM That the myrealm.lastoasis.gg interface was down. They actually responded, "did things," and asked me if it was fixed. Donkey Crew has also made statements where they have outright admitted that this game is not normal, please see here Dedicated Server Hosting | Last Oasis Official Forums where one of their devs states that private servers MUST tie into their back end.

DC has chosen to retain control of the control plane and the data persistence. What I call the control plane is myrealm.lastoasis.gg

Additionally, DC was only comfortable allowing Oasis to "Burn" (be deleted") for the first time Yesterday. It's understandable that they want to let that process happen on official for a few days before they open up the ability for private servers to do it.

It's understandable that they want to let that process happen on official for a few days before they open up the ability for private servers to do it.

Yep. I think you're 100% correct about that. Based on this, I think we'll be able to see the new content update be applied to private servers within a few days.

I'm sure Donkey Crew know how crucial it is for private server owners to be able to delete oases and have at least one hard map with a POI Fabricator. They're just being careful and making sure that they're not rolling out a big update, to then roll out 10 more hot fixes right after, because it wasn't tested properly first.