Server timeout due to a lot of mods and slowish internet

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Hey guys,

I have recently set up an ARK: Survival Evolved Server for me and my friends. We are running 14 mods. We are experiencing the following issue: A few of us have both a slow internet connection and no SSD. This means that joining the server takes a very long time since they have to both connect and load the mods (they are already downloaded via the workshop). Because joining takes so long, a few people get a connection timeout error before loading the mods is finished. Is there a way to increase the timespan someone can try to login before our server breaks the connection with them?

(I don't know a lot about servers so what I am saying might not be correct or impossible)

thanks for the help!

• Sadly when you run that many mods, those connecting will have issues. SSD will make a different for all of them.

They just have to keep reconnecting until the mod is downloaded. Its how ARK does it.