Increasing Number of Slots Causes Rollback?

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Hi

Last night I increased the number of my slots on Ark from 16 to 20, having finished playing for the day.

This morning I logged into the game to find that the game had been rolled back to, I assume the previous morning's auto-save, that is, the auto-save of the morning prior to my slot increase. Whilst I have lost some work I did, which doesn't bother me, I am concerned that players on my server have lost a lot of their work that that may have done during the day.

Is it normal for an increase in slot numbers to cause a rollback to. a previous save? If so, I did not notice any warning whatsoever that this would happen as I increased the number of slots. If there is no warning, why is there not any warning? If there is, then can it be made more clear to people that increasing/decreasing the number of slots on your server has rollback effects.

Thank you.

Myrm

I am currently employed as one of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard (Yinchorr Academy - Class of 2019).

• Increase/decrease of slots causes a big rollback. This also applies for upgrading/degrading the hardware performance.
    Best is to keep an eye on the half hour backups. As soon as there's a new one available do your upgrades/downgrades for the server and after it fully installed you use that backup for minimum loss.

• This only applies to consoles.

PC Servers do not rollback as much.

Another thing you can do before upgrading slots is a saveworld. This will help shorten some losses.

Thank you, Doagen. I’ll bear it in mind in any future upgrades.

Myrm

I am currently employed as one of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard (Yinchorr Academy - Class of 2019).