Does upgrading or downgrading server wipe player progress? Hoping to avoid wipe.

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • We currently have the "Public Server" package with 10 player slots and the "Advanced +2.60US$" tier. I'd like to change it to 6 player slots and upgrade it to the "Professional +6.50US$" tier. If I do so, will the server reset and reinstall the game causing us to lose our progress entirely? I want to avoid any wipes.

Why I'm asking: I noticed that whenever the server hits 4gb of RAM used (approx. 2.5 hours of gameplay with 4 people), the server crashes and auto reboots. Hoping the Professional Tier allows for more RAM.

For what it's worth: the crashes/reboots coincided with increasing Maximum Spawned Zombies from default 64 to 100. Based on what I read, others are using significantly higher numbers (200 or more) with the only downside being Client-side drop in framerate. I had ran "80" for a day or two and it seemed fine so I'll revert back to it for now.

• I would suggest contacting support.

But so you know when you change slots or upgrade the system auto detects what resources are needed. If the server 'hops' it will move all existing gameplay files, but backups typically go away. But it shouldnt wipe.

• I would suggest contacting support.

But so you know when you change slots or upgrade the system auto detects what resources are needed. If the server 'hops' it will move all existing gameplay files, but backups typically go away. But it shouldnt wipe.

Thanks. Their Support page says they're experiencing extremely high volume so I'm trying not to add to their insanity.

Can anyone else comment on whether upgrading or downgrading the server wipes the game progress?

Thank you in advance!

• As mentioned by Doagen, it can happen. If the server gets moved to a different host it can loose the current settings. The better option would be, as mentioned by Doagen as well, to contact the support. They can see the load on the host system and help you out.

Something else to think about: A server with a lower slot count is calculated to need less ressources. A server which can support lets say 50 people needs more ressources, so i'd assume it would get more ressources allocated.

Also, a downgrade will not get you the full refund for the remaining runtime, it is recommend to performa a downgrade close to the end of the current runtime to loose as less money as possible. An upgrade however will not make you lose any money from the existing server.

One last thing: You are wasting money. The hardware-performance-upgrade has NO effect on your server. It is only related to minecraft.

No support via PM.

Important: Mods here in the forum do not have access to your services. If we advise you to contact the support, you have to create a ticket or call them. There is nothing we can do.