What is the best way to reduce the number of Zombies spawned?

• Greetings,

I searched the forums and am unable to find the best way to change the number of zombies spawned. I don't want to change their spawn locations right now, I just want to decrease the number.

Thank you!

• Greetings,

I searched the forums and am unable to find the best way to change the number of zombies spawned. I don't want to change their spawn locations right now, I just want to decrease the number.

Thank you!

You can look at global.xml

Code
    1. var name="ZombieMaxCount" type="0" value="1000"/>

Never played around it but it should impact total amount of Z count on map

This is the Max amount of Zombies can spawn in map at a time, usually on High pop servers

It doesn't change Static or Dynamic event of Zombie spawn

In most areas Zombies spawns are Dynamic, Which means if a player is close proximity then the Zombie will spawn in

• Interesting. I am new to DayZ server admin tasks but not new to server admin and development. I don't see anywhere I would update code. Do you have a link to where I can learn more about this?

I have been making all of my updates in the XML files.

Thank you!

• I changed the zombi_territories.xml in the env-folder and reduced the smin/smax both to 1 and increased the dmin/dmax so there are less static zombiespawns on the map and now the zombies spawn if a player is in range. that reduced the servers RAM by half with doubled zombies in the map.

So you could decrease the smin/smax to zero and change the dmin/max to a value of your choice to get less zombies and improve server performance.

Hope this helps.