Server keeps saying "Could not retrieve address"

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • I decided to add Scorched Earth, since it was the only map we were missing, to our cluster. All seven maps are fine and running as they should. However, this new one will not.

I have restarted the server.

I have restarted my Xbox.

I have restarted Ark.

I have shut down, waited, and started the server.

Nothing. I already submitted a ticket hours ago, haven't heard a thing back. I'm about to try and get a refund at this point. I'm not here to waste money on something that isn't working.

• Hello I just purchased a server got it set up and went to join. I also got the "Could not retrieve address" error. Is there a fix I can try or is this on the server side. I would really like to play. This is my first experience with renting a server. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

• I'm going through the same issues, bought my server yesterday afternoon, i have a ticket in. and ive tried restarting. if you cant find the server look and see if the server defaulted to some random name?(maybe that was after I was switching to or from expert mode? im not sure. my did several times. ive built my settings probably 5 or 6 times, and still had no luck. several reinstalls, my guess is you have to waitfor them to fix it.. :'(

• I'm going through the same issues, bought my server yesterday afternoon, i have a ticket in. and ive tried restarting. if you cant find the server look and see if the server defaulted to some random name?(maybe that was after I was switching to or from expert mode? im not sure. my did several times. ive built my settings probably 5 or 6 times, and still had no luck. several reinstalls, my guess is you have to waitfor them to fix it.. :'(

I see you have already submitted a ticket and have tried to forcestop. You can try a reinstall this could possibly fix the issue. Also once you rein expert you cannot switch back to regular mode as it will erase a lot of your settings to defualy. You have to pick one and run with it at that point.

Please allow atleast 24 hours for your ticket to be answered. It may take slightly longer in some cases.

I see you have already submitted a ticket and have tried to forcestop. You can try a reinstall this could possibly fix the issue. Also once you rein expert you cannot switch back to regular mode as it will erase a lot of your settings to defualy. You have to pick one and run with it at that point.

Please allow atleast 24 hours for your ticket to be answered. It may take slightly longer in some cases.

ive tried to reinstall. just waiting on the ticket :)

• I am in the same boat! I just bought my server yesterday I can't seem to find it either! Is it possible because I use NVIDIA GeForce instead of having it downloaded to my computer that it doesn't show up?

• Hello all,

It's been almost 2 days now. I purchased a new xbox server and have not played on it for 1 second yet. I have reinstalled the server 2 or 3 times, stopped and restarted multiple times, tried the offline online thing, tried the loading into single player thing, and many other things i probably can't remember. No matter what I do still the same message. I've got almost no response on what is going on or how long its going to take. Just a response it's being sent to another team. Does anyone know the issue of why or how long? I'm starting to feel am throwing my money away. I'm sitting here in limbo spending money for a paperweight.

Starting to get frustrated and don't know if i should get a refund.

Anyone else get this resolved???