Ark Server Keeps Crashing and I have to constantly Restart It

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • I threw in the towel and switched to another service. I waited three days and didn't get anything from my ticket after trying what I could to discern what was going on. While I appreciate the complexities of providing a service during a major release period, I simply am not willing to pay for a service that I cannot use. It would be different if it were a few hours or even a day, I consider myself to be moderately patient. But I struggled through the constant crashing and roll backs for several days and now have an "in progress ticket" simmering for three more. I spun up the same 10 slot server this morning and have not had so much as a hiccup, mods and all.

• Eh, I'm either Nitrado or nada in that regard. I'm not far from being upset enough to throw up my hands and just shut if off, but if I did, I'd ask for a refund and just walk away from it all together. ...just my personality though. ....hate change.

• Yep, I'm approaching 72 hours on my ticket.

Raised a support ticket on the 28th Feb, i've had no reply other than an automated response because my ticket contained the word "restart" so good luck with that.

I have 19 days left on my hosting and we haven't been able to play more than a couple hours without it locking up so everyone just stopped trying since the crash would roll back progress and people were tired of losing tames etc.

I have another server with a different host using the same settings and mods and it's running perfectly fine, no fliers issues, no mission issues, no memory errors etc so read into that what you will.

• This is happening to almost every server. It's mass leveling. If you are making a group post and getting 10 people and they are joining and leveling and constantly causing stops the server will reach it's max and shut down. It basically enters a dormant state until you force stop and restart it. This is up to a 30 minute process

• have you guys tried to reach out again via the ticket or call the hotline during open business hours?

I have, I've been told the issue "resolved itself" in my tickets that I keep submitting. Which it has not. Server crashes still, mindwipes are still causing an issue, and restarting is still an issue. I'm guessing the problem is in a patch with the Genesis map itself, but confused as to why the server hosting it is just closing for no reason, also after it fails I still see on the dashboard that its "Green" even though there is no ram or cpu use.

• This is happening to almost every server. It's mass leveling. If you are making a group post and getting 10 people and they are joining and leveling and constantly causing stops the server will reach it's max and shut down. It basically enters a dormant state until you force stop and restart it. This is up to a 30 minute process.

I don't believe this is correct. I have 2 people playing on my server, and this lock-up and restart happens well before we can get any leveling in. ...so not sure why you would think this is the issue. My server is pw protected, so no-one is joining randomly either.

• have you guys tried to reach out again via the ticket or call the hotline during open business hours?

I have, I've been told the issue "resolved itself" in my tickets that I keep submitting. Which it has not. Server crashes still, mindwipes are still causing an issue, and restarting is still an issue. I'm guessing the problem is in a patch with the Genesis map itself, but confused as to why the server hosting it is just closing for no reason, also after it fails I still see on the dashboard that its "Green" even though there is no ram or cpu use.

Same with me. I called and had them move me to a new server, but issue persists even on the new server. Not using mindwipes or fast leveling. ..am on the rag map, not genesis. ...really is beyond frustration at this point. Trying to be patient though.

• This is happening to almost every server. It's mass leveling. If you are making a group post and getting 10 people and they are joining and leveling and constantly causing stops the server will reach it's max and shut down. It basically enters a dormant state until you force stop and restart it. This is up to a 30 minute process.

I don't believe this is correct. I have 2 people playing on my server, and this lock-up and restart happens well before we can get any leveling in. ...so not sure why you would think this is the issue. My server is pw protected, so no-one is joining randomly either.

My server is a public server I usually get 10 or so people joining at once and leveling when I make a group post about it. Then the server just derops -_____-

My ticket has 4 replies from me all updating with logs, error messages etc each time a new one is given so whoever looks at it gets the full picture.
    Regardless of whether we are adding a new reply every day or so, if a ticket is open they should be looking at it, it's not our job to keep bumping it......if it's resolved we close it ourselves, if it's open they need to be picking it up.

• it's been four days of hell for me, every time someone levels up their character the entire server locks up and takes around 30 minutes to reboot.

Extra info:

We're on a nitrado hosted xbox server

Map- Valguero

Size- 20 slots

Active players at once- 5-10

No mods

Low rates

Losing our minds.

• indeed, each time it crashed the last entries are level up requests;

Fatal error!

ShooterGameServer.exe!UPrimalCharacterStatusComponent::ServerApplyLevelUp() (0x00007ff714a39adb) + 41 bytes [e:\build\consoles\xb1live798\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\primalcharacterstatuscomponent.cpp:2456]

• DOAGEN

Closed the thread.