Server host timeout

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Good afternoon,

I am unsure whether this issue is related to the constant restart issue I see across the forums. So, if so I am sorry and you can freely take this down.

Three times this morning my server has suddenly frozen. My friends on Xbox and myself on windows 10 get the message connection to host timed out and everyone gets kicked. During this time, the server is still shown both on the server lists and on the Web interface as up and running but no one can connect. We have all restarted our games, refreshed, and still it shows up as 4 players connected, and none of us can connect.

When I try to shut down the server, it goes into "server shutting down" for 10-15 minutes until I can force stop using the interface. Twice before this has worked and when I start the server it starts and we have been able to play for a little while. The last time this happened I got stuck in a restarting loop as stated on other forum posts. We were able to play about 20 minutes before the server again crashed and it is currently saying "server shutting down" for the last 20 minutes with no option to force shut down.

Any information is appreciated, thank you for your time and help,

Divine

Side note - Sometimes when I DO get the force shut down I get the server stopped message on the interface but the server still shows up on the server lists and it still shows that it is populated.

• This seems to be common at the moment.
    I'm having very similar issues with my own server, though i also get crashlogs showing out of memory errors with the server crashing anywhere after between 5 minutes and 3 hours uptime at which point it shows it's still there, gives a timeout when trying to connect and trying to restart leads to it getting stuck in restarting for 20 minutes and having to force stop to get it to start again.

• This seems to be common at the moment.
    I'm having very similar issues with my own server, though i also get crashlogs showing out of memory errors with the server crashing anywhere after between 5 minutes and 3 hours uptime at which point it shows it's still there, gives a timeout when trying to connect and trying to restart leads to it getting stuck in restarting for 20 minutes and having to force stop to get it to start again.

I did look into the crash logs and it is the same for me. Out of memory, then it has a problem shutting down properly and still shows up in the server lists. Then it is having some trouble restarting. So I believe we are having the same issue. I think today was the longest up time that I had according to my friend who was on it most of the day before it died recently.