ARK Flying issue, several maps: *resolved*

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Awesome!! thank u kanqreen16 can confirm IT IS WORKING. sad to see some people are trying to cover the REAL issue some admins are having with flyers not working on their non-genesis maps. There was a discussion about this on steam forums I'll redirect them here so they get the PROPER solution. :):):);)

I was having issues with rag and valguero not anymore.

• DOAGEN

Changed the title of the thread from “fly dino problem solved” to “ARK Flying issue, several maps: *resolved*”.
  • For those reading this thread and wish to have more detail.

The Issue: Multiple PC Servers reported on multiple maps (confirmed w/Amissa, Volcano, theCenter, theIsland, Ragnarok, Nazca, Valguero and new DLC Genesis.

2/25: A few days ago when DLC Genesis was released, flyers were disabled. This is not new. Anytime a new DLC is release certain restrictions are blocked/disabled or simply broke.

2/26: WC released 306.53

306.53 - Official ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki

"Unofficials can now using flying creatures by adding the following setting to your GameUserSettings.ini under the [ServerSettings] section: bForceCanRideFliers=True"

To set that setting on that day your choices were to either use FTP to edit your ini, or use Expert settings if you already had been using them, or through the webUI file editor.

What changed?

~2/27: Nitrado added the option in the WebUI main page. Awesome. As with any new DLC or Game, the webUI is constantly being updated with new options available.

2/28: Reports started to come in saying unable to use flyers on server flyers.

What appears is that the setting atm "bForceCanRideFliers=True" is a global setting and not unique to Genesis.

So if you are having flying issues, just check that box in the webUI, save, then reboot. (before you do this, go to configuration profiles and do a save. Name it like "Before Flyer activated"). When you have changed the setting, and rebooted, make a new configuration profile save called 'Flyer setting enabled'.

I am suggesting the configuration profile for a couple of reasons. (1) most people dont even know that exists. It makes a backup copy of only your game and gus.ini files. (2) WC may make that setting for Genesis only, or revert it back or whatever to break it again. So then you could just load that load good configuration profile. IE: they dont make flying an option. Or get bForceCanRideFliers=True unique.

I have validated this setting using the WebUI on multiple servers and from above, others as well.

Good work Community working together. We have a solution that works. :)

• DOAGEN

Closed the thread.