Corrupt default file

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado
  • Everytime I spoke with someone at Nitrado they can’t help me and tell me to figure it out on the forums. So here I am. I have a corrupt default file. My types.xml, after first receiving the server, after reinstalling, after resetting files to default. My types.xml is corrupt. Nothing spawning appropriately even at default settings, not sure how else to say, my types.xml file is corrupt and I’ve done everything I can to restore to a non corrupt, but, my server only gets corrupt files. What do I do?

• Unfortunately when a game file is corrupted, nothing you can do to clean that file. All games have the same issue.

The work around that is suggested is to restore from a latest backup. Sadly as the backups are being processed if you do not catch them in time all backups will also end up corrupted.

From there a reinstall is the recommended path. Support I suspect said the same thing.

• If it is only your types.xml that is corrupt you could delete it and upload a brand new one.

Here's a few places you can get one....

GitHub - BohemiaInteractive/DayZ-Central-Economy: DayZ Central Economy configuration - this is the default one - depending on your map go to the dayzOffline.xxxxx folder -> db - > types.xml

DayZ server customizer - this one is pretty good the guy has included a validator will detect corrupt file

DSSC - Dayz standalone server customizer

I found myself that the platform does indeed like to corrupt files, try uploading it via the different options, web gui file upload, copy paste from web gui editor and also ftp. keep trying, make sure the server is STOPPED when changing file or replacing them too

hopefully that will help you

Gamer, Web host, Sysadmin, IT Services provider.

Been gaming and messing around with servers for over 20 years

Love everything IT related and don't mind helping others if I have time...

• Yea unless im missing something when its "corrupt" it otherwise means there is a bad line(s) of code or a simple typo or 2??

Ive used the file checkers and after going back and checking everything it was telling me too i ended up getting a proper file.?

• Yea unless im missing something when its "corrupt" it otherwise means there is a bad line(s) of code or a simple typo or 2??

Ive used the file checkers and after going back and checking everything it was telling me too i ended up getting a proper file.?

I had a similar issue and found that the file was being corrupted on the server after I uploaded it

I got around by making sure the server was stopped for at least 5 minutes before touching the files, uploading via the web file browser and then waiting at least 5 mins before starting. If you're doing that with a valid file hopefully it will work.

Gamer, Web host, Sysadmin, IT Services provider.

Been gaming and messing around with servers for over 20 years

Love everything IT related and don't mind helping others if I have time...

• So ive been having issues as well, now I can get all my mods to work like players spawns loot ect.. but now not one zombie is spawning ive went in and turned up the zombie max limit. still nothing , ive re-installed the game multiple times still no zombies , so I checked the zombie.xml file and messed with that still nothing can anyone proved answers?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<variables>

<var name="AnimalMaxCount" type="0" value="320"/>

<var name="CleanupAvoidance" type="0" value="100"/>

<var name="CleanupLifetimeDeadAnimal" type="0" value="1200"/>

<var name="CleanupLifetimeDeadInfected" type="0" value="330"/>

<var name="CleanupLifetimeDeadPlayer" type="0" value="5400"/>

<var name="CleanupLifetimeDefault" type="0" value="45"/>

<var name="CleanupLifetimeLimit" type="0" value="50"/>

<var name="CleanupLifetimeRuined" type="0" value="5400"/>

<var name="LootProxyPlacement" type="0" value="1"/>

<var name="RespawnAttempt" type="0" value="2"/>