OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.000000 on ragnarok keeps getting reset to 5 no matter what we change it to?

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • We are just trying to balance our content creation server for solo and dual boss runs and the OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.000000 on ragnarok keeps getting reset to 5 no matter what we change it to. Is there anyway to stop this behavior, with expert settings enabled in the control panel.
    We have tried both notepad++/ftp and in the control panel file editor. No matter what we change it to it always reverts back to 5. :/

• It seems in order to get the OverrideOfficialDifficulty to work we had to first edit it the general settings, save, restart then shut server off and manually configure in the ini. I do not understand why we would have to edit in 2 places when expert mode should relieve us of the control panel settings as it says. It seems to be working for now.

• From my understanding from what I read somewhere, override difficulty is a command line prompt, not really controled in any .ini . With nitrado servers we dont gain access directly to the command line prompt but indirectly through which I assume are the general settings. I too ran into this issue about a month ago when initially setting up mine and waiting the recommended "5 min". Then finally realizing they were in general all along.

• I hate to be that guy but thats what i meant. The webui is not the .ini file. Its the command line argument. If you go to server configuration on the ark wiki you will find it under that section, not the game.ini or usersetting.ini . The webui is our indirect access to the command line. Which is why even under expert mode certain settings remain in the general webui. Not trying to argue just trying to provide a reasonable explanation as to why editing the ini did not impact the game.