This Service is Garbage

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado
  • I rented a server a few days ago and was immediately inundated with problems. Unable to restart the server, settings not working, unable to connect for up to an hour after restarting, lagging with a 41ms ping and two players, etc, etc, etc.

For someone who has run a dedicated server on my own hardware for quite a while, this is inexcusable for a paid service. Also, having to wait days for a patch to be applied by someone at the hosting company after they deem it "OK" is ridiculous.

Before you go all "it's a complicated process", blah, blah, crap, that's the whole point of running a PAID service. People pay PROFESSIONALS to handled the "complicated" stuff. If you're not capable of doing it well, then don't do it. And certainly don't charge people for doing it.

After attempting to use this awful service for a few days I decided to just host my dedicated server on the same machine I play the game on. My performance is 100 times better, I can patch when I want, and I can troubleshoot my own problems and it doesn't cost me a penny.

For anyone just wanting to run a server for a few friends I'd recommend doing the same. A ARK server can be made with just about any piece of junk computer and a few hours of time. You'll have access to every conceivable setting, and can manage it how you see fit.

This goes to show that even doing research on the internet can prove fruitless and pointless. Nitrado was recommended by quite a few people as a hosting service to use for ARK. Not until after I had ordered a server did I start to come across the myriad of complaints regarding the exact same problems I experienced. This might not be a "Nitrado" only problem, but it is ONE of their problems. And when you're whole business is supposedly supplying hosting service for game servers, that's a pretty substantial problem.

I'm not going to pretend that this is the only company that attempted to do something out of its league (I've worked for a few), but it's something that can't be ignored. People need to understand what you're getting into by giving your money to someone who cannot deliver a good service. Unfortunately the internet is polluted with such companies. This seems to be one of them.

I don't want reimbursement and I don't want an apology. I don't care about your canned "We care about our customer / It's being worked on" line of xx either. It should be worked on before you charge people for it. If your crap automated system can't handle doing what it was designed to do, then don't try to sell it. And certainly don't blow smoke up my butt about it.

If you are reading this and come up with some snarky reply such as "can I have your stuff?" or "cry more, newb", just know that I don't give two tinkles about your 12yo opinion.

For anyone else that's aggravated with this "service" I'd suggest looking into hosting your own server. It's cheaper than you think and will be far more satisfying.

-Opinionated Jerk

• Hi!

I am sorry, that you had such a bad first time experience with our service!

You complain about a lot of things, but nothing specific :( To make our services better, you have to give us some hints about what exactly makes you unhappy. This is the only way we can know, work on and improve it.

• Hi!

You complain about a lot of things, but nothing specific :( To make our services better, you have to give us some hints about what exactly makes you unhappy. This is the only way we can know, work on and improve it.

Dear Aaron, It disturbs me as a customer to know you made time to comment on a general post about bad service and not make notice or comment on the multiple posts concerened with broken settings on your service. Since the last update and recent "fix" for said update, mine and many other's Ark servers are not functioning properly or as intended. So if you would like some specifics from a repeat customer on how your service can be improved, i would start with the obsene lack of custome support/service when issues arise. Ive tried contacting this service through the Forums, Support tickets, social media, and now a reply through an unrelated post that seems to have grabbed someones attention working for this service. Our servers have been unplayable for the last week and having to pay for server time that is unusable does not make it easy to stay calm and colected when the server hosts seem to refuse to make good on their service. I would throughly enjoy some sort of response and/or acknowledgement on obvious issues with your service as well as a fix, i dont feel that is out of line for a service I am paying for. If this attempt to reach out yet again to this company goes unnoticed, i feel my only other course of action is to file complaints to the Federal Trade Commision for malitious sales procedures.

Hope to hear back.

• Hi CdoubleOK

I see the post you've made about the imprint timers. Is there other stuff going on with your server besides the imprinting issues? I've brought the imprint setting up with support as soon as the posts started coming through. I assure you it's being looked at. It seems to be affecting not just private but official in some instances as well. I always say to keep and eye on the Ark / wildcard Twitter along with ours. We post regular updates with issues that come up.

Also tickets can take anywhere between 24 to 48 hours to be answered.

• Hi CdoubleOK

I see the post you've made about the imprint timers. Is there other stuff going on with your server besides the imprinting issues? I've brought the imprint setting up with support as soon as the posts started coming through. I assure you it's being looked at. It seems to be affecting not just private but official in some instances as well. I always say to keep and eye on the Ark / wildcard Twitter along with ours. We post regular updates with issues that come up.

Its actually good to hear its being looked at now so thats a plus from me :thumbup:

• You seriously hit the nail on the head with this one. I too have experience running my own servers on the same machine I am playing. Usually with little resources needed to do so, and with greatly improved experience. I started playing this game specifically to play with my friend who uses and xbox, while I use a PC. Like you, I also fruitlessly and pointlessly researched the internet to find how to host our own server. The best I could find were people saying that we need to have a second computer/console and account to host. What is this nonsense? They suggest making a whole new Microsoft account just to run our own server? Crazy talk. So, I decided to try Nitrado servers after hearing mostly positive reviews. I have only had the server for 11 days and have not been able to play for 5 of them. This last update fiasco is related to CrossPlay, which is the whole reason I purchased this server in the first place, and has not been resolved for over 48 hours now. And even though I can now connect to the server I am uncontrollably whistling constantly. Only on the server, not my local world, and only when using my xbox 360 controller. This most certainly is inexcusable indeed. Roughly half of my PAID service hasn't been rendered. That's like going out to dinner and the waiter only bringing half of what you ordered. I will not be continuing my services and am about to set out on my hunt to tame the knowledge of how to host my own server on the same machine as you have stated can be done. Thank you for inspiring me to try again. A couple of questions for you, if you don't mind? Can you help me filter through the online pollution? Any links to the info you found on hosting a server on the same machine?

Happy Gaming

ExcitedName

• Hi!

How about you start with making you server work? Its been over 24 hrs and i STILL cant login to my server.

• Hi!

How about you start with making you server work? Its been over 24 hrs and i STILL cant login to my server.

PrismoNoUnderscore im sorry you're having issues. Have you submitted a support ticket yet?

What are the errors you're getting if any when trying to join your server? The more info we have the better we can try to help you with

• For everyone that issues regarding the Crossplay, Turn your complete cluster offline, Generate a new cluster ID. Save Changes. Start all servers, Once they are all started, hit Reboot on all servers and everythings fine again.

And i dont believe nitrado has anything to do with this :( Wildcards to busy with Atlas i guess

• For everyone that issues regarding the Crossplay, Turn your complete cluster offline, Generate a new cluster ID. Save Changes. Start all servers, Once they are all started, hit Reboot on all servers and everythings fine again.

And i dont believe nitrado has anything to do with this :( Wildcards to busy with Atlas i guess

Yeah still not working. I cant access my server. everytime i try it it says "the host does not currently allow cross-play with your platform'

• Hi CdoubleOK

I am also in agreement here, this is the first time I have had anything bad to say about Nitrado but this month I am not impressed either we pay for a month not 15 days of service, but I digress - Your comment about telling us "to keep a eye on the Ark/WC twitter page", we shouldn't have to we pay you guys to keep us in a loop on what is happening with our service, as far as the imprint issues that apparently are plaguing the server's are pretty much on your end of things, cause I was fine before you guys updated the servers and as I have been searching this forum is the only thing coming up, no one from WC nor Nitrado has stepped up on their site and said hey we have a code issue and we are fixing it. Nothing except you saying you sent it to support.

Which was at 1:49AM but no other information

• ExiaGN we have been making regular update via out twitter which I said to follow as well. It's one of the easiest ways to keep up to date on fixes that are coming in. If it is say 4am i might be heading to work and cant always jump on the forums immediately to make posts. I try to keep you all updated as much as possible. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you all.

I also say the wildcard one because they post updates as well for issues that may come up.

Also the best way to get help on issues that may not being able to be solved by us here on the forums or if you're ever unhappy with something regarding us is to submit a support ticket.

I promise you everything we do on here whether it's myself DOAGEN or another one of the staff is always with the best intentions